Chapter 47.

Carly's POV

"Where the fuck is he?" I said to myself. Nikki and I left the set for Looks That Kill about 2 hours ago. He should be here by now. I sighed and sat down on the couch and room a sip of my Jack Daniels. I wanted us to watch movies together like we always do, it's getting later and later. I walked over and grabbed my song book and then put in the Too Fast For Love cassette I still had. I turned it up a little and sat down in front of the coffee table. I started to write any idea that were in my head.

I groaned and put my pen down. I've been writing for roughly 2 hours and still nothing solid. Where the fuck is Nikki? He always helps me when I'm stuck on writing. Just then, I heard the door being unlocked. I turned my head and saw Nikki walking in. "Where were you? I was worried!" I exclaimed. "Sorry, lost track of time." He said, shutting the door. "Doing what?" I asked, standing up. "Uh," he scratched the back of his neck. "Just, hanging out with the guys." He said. I nodded and then caught a glimpse at his neck. "Did one of the boys give you that hickey?" I asked. He quickly covered his neck.

"You gave that to me, remember?" He asked, nervousness in his voice. "I give you hickey's on your collarbones," I replied. "You slept with someone, don't insult my intelligence." I said. "Carly, I don't see what the big deal is." He said. "We're suppose to be dating," I said. "We were only seeing how we'd do," he said. I felt hurt wash over me. "Was this all just a game to you, Nikki?" I asked. "Because it was serious for me." I added on. "It wasn't a game! I was drinking, I was high!" He exclaimed. "That's not an excuse," I said, quietly.

"I haven't been with anyone else since we started to date," I said. "We weren't dating." He said. I felt tears brim my eyes. "Yes we were! We just weren't official yet!" I exclaimed. "We were seeing if it would work and clearly it doesn't!" He said. I felt the tears run down my cheeks. "You're a bastard," I cried. "You got my hopes up, I thought you loved me." I said, my voice cracking. "I do love you, Carly. You're my other half." He said. "That's not what love is, Nikki!" I sobbed. "Just today you called me your girlfriend, were you just lying?" I asked. "No, I loved you being my girlfriend, I love falling asleep with you in my arms, I love you–" "Stop saying that to me!" I cried.

"You don't love me, if you loved me you would've tried harder!" I said. I walked over and grabbed my keys. I slipped my shoes on. "Where are you going?" He asked. "Away." I said, wiping the tears away. "Carly, don't. Please." Nikki ran over to me and grabbed my arm. "Please don't leave me again, don't leave for 2 years again, please just talk to me. We can talk things through, we always do. Just, don't walk out on me like everyone else has." He said. I looked up at him and he had tears in his eyes.

"Nikki.." I said. "Please, I don't want this is ruin everything between us." He said. "I don't want to lose you as my girlfriend." He said. "Nikki, you cheated on me, if you're calling me your girlfriend, then you cheated on me tonight." I said. "I'm not enough for you." I said, tears freely falling down my face. "Don't say that, you're more than enough for me." He said. "I'm in love with you, Nikki. And you don't seem to get it, you don't understand what love is." I said. "Then show me!" He exclaimed. "What?" I asked. "Show me what love is, you're right. I don't understand it." He said.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him. "I've never felt love, I've only felt it from my grandparents. I have never been loved unconditionally, not by my Mom, my Dad, my family, my old friends, girlfriends, you're the only person who's ever loved me like this and I don't know what to do with it, I've never been in love with someone like you before, someone who actually is good to me and for me." He said. I sighed. "Nikki–" "Don't give up on me, please." He said. "I've never begged anyone to stay in my life ever, you're so important to me, Carls." He said. I looked up at him again.

"You're my little miss Starry Eyes," he said. I cracked a small smile and looked down. "Okay, Nikki, let's try again." I replied. He hugged me tightly. "Thank you, Carly. I'm going to try harder, I promise." He said. I hugged him back. "Okay, I believe you. Show me, okay?" I said, breaking away from our embrace. "You need to earn your trust back, you understand that, right?" I asked. "You don't trust me?" He asked. "Not as a boyfriend," I said. "Tonight really hurt me, Nikki. You need to prove to me that you're serious about wanting to see where things go." I said.

He smiled and kissed my cheek. "I will, you'll see." He said. "Just know, I'm not letting go of getting revenge," he said. "Revenge?" I asked. "The picture." He said, smirking. "Are you really going to get revenge? I don't believe you." I said. "Oh, you'll see." He said. I giggled. "Sure," I replied. "Come to bed with me," he changed the subject. "We're not having sex." I said. "I wasn't gonna ask, I just want to hold you." He said. I smiled.

"I'll come to bed with you only if you carry me," I said, lifting my arms up. He laughed a little and picked me up bridal style. "You're gonna take advantage of having me prove that I'm serious, aren't you?" He asked, looking down at me. "You know it." I giggled and rested my head on his shoulder. Maybe I wasn't hard enough on Nikki, but I don't care. I want to be with him no matter what.

(A/N: I'm probably about to pump out chapters right now because I had an iced coffee and I'm wired😂But, thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome! Okay bye👻)