Chapter 12.

Nikki's POV

Two days have come and gone and still no sign of Carly. I'm a fucking wreck. I can't eat, I can't sleep, I'm on edge and I've been snapping at everyone that even thinks about looking at me. I need Carly back here and I need her back here now. I promised her I'd always protect her, I have protected her for 5 years and this time I'm the one she needed to be protected from. I've been beating myself up these past two days, I can't even look at myself. She's my best friend, she's the only person who's never abandoned me, I'm the only person who's never abandoned her. We need each other, where the fuck is she?

All the guys have helped look for her but, she's nowhere to be found. I don't know how far she could've gone. I don't know if I should put out a missing persons report because she left on her own and she's 21. I don't know if they'd even take someone like me seriously if I went down to a police station. I have hardly rested at all, I'm looking for Carly all hours of the day and night. I have only slept maybe 5 hours total these past two days.

"Have you found her?" I asked as Vince walked in. He shook his head. "Nope, no sign of her. I drove all around." He said. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "This is so fucking bad," I said. "If you don't mind me asking, what did you say to her?" Vince asked. "I'm not blaming you–" "Blame me, it's my fault." I cut him off. "I made some horrible comments about her crying–" "You made her cry?" Vince cut me off. I nodded, my head hanging low. "Yeah, she doesn't like yelling. She doesn't just not like it, she hates it. She grew up in a very bad house, her home life was hell and yelling was a huge part of it." I explained. "I yelled at her, I made her feel small, I made her feel like shit and the worst part of all of this is that I knew exactly what I was doing, I was saying and doing things that would make her upset on purpose." I said.

"What did you two argue over?" He asked. I scratched the back of my neck. I don't really wanna tell him that it was over them becoming a couple, because it would be hard to explain. "Personal stuff, it doesn't matter. All that matters is is that Carly's gone and it's all my fault." I said. Vince gave me a sad smile. "She'll come around. Don't worry." He said. "I gotta get back home. Call me if you know anything about Carly." He said, walking towards the door. "Will do," I sighed. He waved and then left, leaving me along again.

This is the longest Carly and I have been apart and I don't know how to handle it. I thought we both need each other but, apparently only I need her. I do, I need her for things to go normal. I need her to keep me grounded. I don't know what to do when she's not here. I sulked back to my room and fell into my bed. I rolled over and looked at the ceiling. I need her to come back.

I awoke to the sound of the door being unlocked. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I must've finally crashed. Who the fuck is here? I rose from the bed and walked out into the living room, I walked out just in time to see someone walking in. I walked over and flicked on the light. "Carly?" I asked. She looked up, she's soaking wet from the rain, she's wearing the clothes I last saw her in. "Oh my god, where the fuck have you been?" I asked, relief washing over me. "I-I stayed at a motel for a little bit." She said, quietly as she shut the door.

As soon as the door shut, I quickly walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her tightly. "Please never leave again, you had me so scared." I said. Her arms wrapped around me just as tightly. "I'm sorry for leaving," she said, breaking away from our embrace. "I don't know what came over me." She said, looking up at me. "You were upset, don't apologize. I'm sorry, I was the one that fucked up. I shouldn't have said the things I said." I said. I saw tears fill her eyes. "Did you really mean the things you said to me?" She asked, her voice shaking. I felt my face soften more. "No, no, no. Of course not, I was angry. And I had no right to be angry." I said. "I said things I didn't mean, I'm so sorry, Carly."

"It's okay, I forgive you. I'm glad I'm home. I felt lost without you by my side." She said, blinking her tears away. "The feeling was mutual." I said, laughing a little. She smiled. "Well, I'm going to shower and change my clothes," she said. I nodded. "Okay, when you're done, we can watch tv and drink together." I said. She smiled wide. "Sounds like a plan." She said. She walked into her room and I sighed out a breath of relief.

God, when she smiled, it seemed to light up the entire room even more than the light did. I furrowed my eyebrows. That's a weird thing for me to say, I guess I'm just really happy she's back. Everything's back to normal and the band can start to get together, finally.

(A/N: Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome! Okay bye👻)