The wedding reception.

The wedding was elaborate, she never wanted the elaborate type of wedding since it was all a big sham but Alex refused, telling her his wedding was expected to be as elaborate as possible, and nobody would believe it if it was otherwise, so she had to dance to his tone since she was basically employed by him.

She smiled and waved trying to weave her way out of the crowd at their reception in the grand hall of his big mansion. She was tired and her feet were killing her, her 5 inches stiletto was making her feet a big wreck, and she was scared she would have blisters when she put it off. She smiled again as she waved at her brother Francis, and since she wasn't looking at her front, she accidentally stumbled and almost fell, thankfully someone caught her before she landed on the hard tiles floor. She looked up from the floor still reeling in shock of the shame and embarrassment she would have caused her husband and herself. She steadied herself and smiled gratefully at the man in a black silky tuxedo who had so graciously caught her, 'Thank you Mr....' She said looking up at him for help, 'Luciano Fred junior' he said smiling at her. 'Er... Mr. Luciano Fred' She said noticing the resemblance between the handsome young man and the lawyer who drew the contract she signed when agreeing to do this job. She paused for a moment staring at Luciano ' you look like someone I know' She said, 'Mr. Fred, your husband's lawyer?' Luciano suggested, 'yes' She said nodding and smiling, 'He is my father'. 'Oh.. Yeah now I know' She said. 'Thanks again' She said and continued her journey to the restroom. She wondered why Alex had refused to introduce him to her, after all the introductions she had had to go through with his business associates, even those she considered not necessary. She reapplied her lipstick and loose powder. she went out of the restroom and was shocked to see her new husband standing by the door, waiting for her to come out, 'Mr. Alex?' She called him with uncertainty, fear overcame her when he turned to look at her, his eyes looked murderous, she took a step back, and gulped rapidly, 'you don't have to call me that in public, i only allow you to call me that in private' he said, his eyes as cold as ice, as he stared at her, she could feel his eyes roaming her face like a dusting of fiery hot powder. 'What the hell did you think you were doing talking to that boy?' He asked her. She gulped again before answering him, even though her words came out in soft whispers 'I was only showing appreciation, he caught me before I could fall'. Alex felt the frustration mellow down a little bit. He felt the blood that hsd been roaring in his ear and head begin to return to normal, he couldn't explain what he felt when he saw the guy holding her, the way the boy's hand held her delicate arm and the way his eyes roamed her beautiful face in appreciation, stired up the beast in him that made him aggressive and possessive. The men out there has to know that she belongs to him and him alone, he could not deny that he felt a tinge of jealously when his business partners couldn't afford to take their eyes off her, it was even one of them that called his attention to his newly wedded wife getting cozy with Fred's son and the bitterness he had tried to tramp down since those bastards had started looking at his wife with lust filled eyes bursted open and his vision began to get clouded with anger and envy. The blood in his vein roared like an angry lion in his ears.

Looking at her now, and the reason behind the touch, his pulse mellowed another centimetre, he pulled her roughly to him all of a sudden and captured her lips with his, he sighed in contentment as the sweet flavour of strawberry bursted on his tongue.

They had had no time to kiss properly, even when the priest had asked him to kiss his bride, he had just brushed his lips on her cheeks, her veil shielding them.

He had made up his mind to avoid anything that would suggest intimacy between them in private, but intimacy between them was allowed in public, cos that was what they wanted everybody to believe. The flash of bulb light jolted him back to the present.

He placed a protective hand around her as the cameraman smiled, satisfied at his doing. Alex looked down at his wife just in time to see her trying to adjust herself and her clothing, he could detect by her behaviour that she was embarrassed but was trying as best as she could to pretend it never happened or was it managing the situation? He wondered which of the two it was. But all he knew at the moment before he kissed her was that he had to mark her as his. It seems the big diamond ring on her finger was not enough to send those bastards away, he even had it in mind to give her hickeys on her neck, thanks for her almost white skin, it would have been obvious and those idiots would have learnt to take their eyes off her, she was off limit. Thinking back to that kiss, it was the sweetest kiss he had ever had. Her taste still lingered on his tongue, he was glad the cameraman came at the right time, else, he would have done something unexplainable that he knew he would be regretting now. The vision of a very smooth and creamy thigh attacked him and all his blood ran south, he began to wonder if he would have ever regretted it like he had thought he would.

He smiled as they entered into the hall again, with his hand now on the small of her back.

Suddenly, something struck him, she hadn't really kissed him back and he began to wonder how the kiss would have been like if she had returned his kisses, ' You have to stay by my side through out the rest of the night, I don't want wife snatchers to take you away from me' he said When they got closer a man Caroline recognized as one of his business partners. She nodded at him and smiled sweetly 'of course my love, I wouldn't want to get lost in the crowd now, would I?' She replied him in a soft whisper, he wondered if that was how her voice was or it if was only meant for him, he couldn't tell. He had heard her talk before and it wasn't always In whispers, but he was happy with the answer he got from her never the less.

He nodded satisfied and ushered her to the dance floor where they had their fifth dance of the evening before everyone else joined with their partners and the single ones too took themselves in twos and joined the couple on the dance floor.

_______________________________________

Hello my loves, how are you all doing? Here is another chapter of my book and I hope you all enjoyed it.

Please do not forget to VOTE, COMMENT AND PLEASE SHARE.

Love you all.😘😘😘😘😘😘

And thank you so much for reading my book.