No falling in love

Caroline adjusted her skirt as she walked into the building, she hoped she wouldn't be meeting the rude Secretary there, but her prayer seemed unanswered as she walked outvof the elevator and came face to face with her.

'Good afternoon, please I have an appointment with Mr. Ambrose, can you put me through to him?' She said as politely as she could.

The Secretary raised her head and her facial expression changed on sighting Caroline, ' oh barren' She said smiling sweetly at her. 'Wait over there for a while and I will get the security team to interrogate you, we don't want parasites in our office and by the look of it you are going to be one. Hanging on my boss' neck because he is rich, if you are not here for a good reason, you will be sent back to the littor rabbit hole you came from'.

Caroline stared at her unable to say a word, the insult reverberated through her body making her speechless, but she knew she wasn't there to fight, she just wanted to be done with Mr. Ambrose and leave the building. The Secretary dialled a number on the office phone, and before long put the phone down, the security team will be here in no time'

Caroline felt her blood begin to boil, Mr. Ambrose never told her, when she had called to thank him about 3 days ago that she would go through any interrogation from his security team, and she was also trying to save the idiot's ass from being sacked, yet she doesn't even know her limit.
She picked her phone and dialled Alex's number just in time, two men dressed in all blacks entered.

She was about to press the send button when she realized that the two men were Alex's personal guards. She smiled at them and on recognizing her, they ushered her into his office leaving the bitchy Secretary's jaw on the tiled floor.

She smiled graciously at the two men seated at the corner of the office, she hasn't had the time yet to check how magnificent the office was, cos she was already 10 minutes late.

'You are late Miss. Caroline' Alex said in a cool voice as he rolled his wrist to check his expensive gold wrist watch.

'I am sorry Mr.Ambrose but your Secretary told me I needed to be interrogated before seeing you' Caroline said briefly. She acknowledged the older man seating by her left hand side before she finally comfortably sank into the chair she was presented with.

'Here is Mr. Fred my lawyer, Mr. Fred, Miss Caroline' Alex introduced.

The white man with gray hair and blue eyes shook her hand with a warm smile. Caroline smiled back at him, showing her beautiful dimples, 'I must comment Miss. Caroline, you are a beauty to behold' he said. Caroline nodded thanking him, she already took a liking to the old man.

The lawyer gave her a paper to go through and sign. She read the paper over and over again before signing it. She sighed deeply within herself, fully well knowing that what she was doing was absolutely wrong, she felt bad for agreeing to fool Alex's grandmother by pretending to be in love with her grandson to the extent of getting married to him, for at least the remaining 5 months the woman had to live on earth.

She handed the paper back to the lawyer who kept it in a folder and few seconds turned back to her, 'Thank you Miss Caroline' 'You are welcome Mr. Fred'. She looked over at Alex who had not said a word to her after he introduced her to his lawyer. He was looking at her with keen eyes, eyes that she felt could see through her to her secret.

She smiled at him showing her dimples again and standing up to take her leave. 'Thank you for the opportunity Mr. Ambrose' She said 'I promise to be effective end efficient as best as I can.'
Caroline was at the door, her hand at the handle before Alex spoke up, 'Miss Caroline Johnson, I believe you know and understand what you are getting yourself into, No falling in Love with me is included in your duty as my wife for the next 5 months, and I hope I have made myself clear?' Caroline smiled sweetly trying to suppress her anger, he had no right to tell her that trash, who does he think he is? A god? Or does she look to him like an idiot that would fall in love with him just because he is handsome or because he is rich? The nerves of the man, but she still smiled as broadly as she could that her cheeks began to hurt, 'of course Mr. Alex, I would never do that' She said and was out of the office before he could say anything else. She has a lot to do and wasting her time on a pampered Greek boy, at least she knew where he came from and got his looks from now, was not her schedule. She closed her eyes briefly after the meeting just outside the Alex's office and opened it back, she had to get out of the building as fast as she could before Edward gets sight of her and humiliate her more. She walked past the Secretary who did not even bother looking up at her as she types away on hey keyboard, the only way Caroline got to know that she affected the Secretary was the way the Secretary punched angrily at the keyboard.

Aww poor little keyboard.

Caroline thought wryly as she passed her by without saying a word on her own part or smiling at her.

_______________________________________

👋👋👋👋👋👋 Hello my loves, hi how are you all doing? Here is another chapter of my book and I hope you all enjoyed it.

Please do not forget to VOTE, COMMENT AND PLEASE SHARE.

Love you all.😘😘😘😘😘😘