Dead !!!!

Caroline stared in shock at her younger twin sister as she converged the news of their parents death to her, it most definitely was not supposed to be like this.

Her father whom she just saw this morning before going to her ex husband's house was no more alive, her mother who had prepared her breakfast this morning too was gone.

She slowly digested the news and when it finally sank in, she let out a loud wail and sank unceremoniously to the ground, her bag hitting the hard floor before her.

'No this cannot happen, please tell me it is not true'

Her eyes scanned the building, or rather their house and felt as if it was closing in on her. She knew she was supposed to play the grown up here but she couldn't get herself to, she was supposed to try to comfort her younger siblings but she just couldn't do it because she herself felt in need of comfort, this could not be happening, she just this morning agreed to dissolve her marriage which in it self was enough to hurt and which is still hurting and now the death of her parents who were supposed to comfort her are no longer breathing.

Another scream erupted from her lips, as she drew on her hair and the tears just won't stop flowing, she tried to keep it out, tried to wake up from the dream.....

Which she finally did, when she felt shaky hands stroking her hair and someone whispering to her, telling her her to wake up that it was all a dream.

She opened her eyes to her mother's beautiful face staring down at her with fear in her eyes.

'Are you okay?' Her mother asked

Caroline nodded as tears rolled down her bruised cheeks, 'mum, mum is this you? Are you okay? Am I dreaming?'

'No baby, I am perfectly ok and yes this is me....aarrreeee you having one of those terrible nightmares of yours?' Georgina asked her daughter, 'mum I was scared, I thought you and dad were gone. I thought you were dead' Caroline said sobbing silently as her mother hugged her, careful as she could not to touch her still raw bruises.

'Francesca has been asking to see you for a week now' Her mother said resting her chin on he daughter's head.

Caroline froze as she digested what her mother just said, 'a week?' 'So I have been here for a whole week mum?' Caroline said as she nodded her head in disbelief.

'In that one week, did Edward send in a lawyer bearing a divorce paper?' She asked after a while.

Georgina shifted uncomfortably on the chair she was sitting on, well her children could be strange at times, it always felt at times like they kind of have super natural powers, how else could a girl that had been unconscious since she was dropped by a God fearing cab driver at her father's house know that the assjerk she had mistakenly given her heart to had sent a lawyer to present the divorce papers to her?

'Hmmm, well.... yes' She answered unsure.

'And dad went to visit him?' Caroline asked again.

'Yes, he did'

'Is the divorce papers here, I want to sign on the papers here, right now,'

Georgina stared at her child bewildered, 'are you sure?' She asked.

'Very sure mother, I no longer want to be with a man that does not know my values, mum, that I can't even remember if he ever mentioned loving me, that molest's me in the public, that does not think twice before hurting, that does not consider my own feelings mum. He wants a divorce and i am going to give it to him. Mum without a second thought. Do I still love him? Well yes, I just can't help it, but for my family I am willing to let go of everything, you and dad need me alive, what examples will I be laying for my younger ones, mum, I wan to make everything right, Francesca told me she does not like him right from the beginning, but I never took it as anything cos I was blinded by love for him, Mum I want to make everything ok, he has moved on before we even decided to divorce or rather he decided to divorce because of the whore he brought to the house i used my hard earned money to build, to the same bed my own siblings bought for me as my wedding gift, mum he does not respect me and I am willing to let what we had go.... I can't do it anymore and I am scared mum cos if I don't give him what he wants he might kill everyone if us, he might kill me. I don't know him anymore, mum and I thought I did. So mum I want to sign it right here.' She said weakly and broken, her mother held her hand and consoled her. 'I have always known you to be strong girl child, when you were younger, you make your brothers treat you like an equal, I remember the day you were so,angry and you used my sauce pan to slap...' Georgina was interrupted when her daughter bursted into a fit of laughter, Georgina smiled happily, she missed that laughter on her child's face, she missed the glow in her daughter's eyes, the glow that, that Edward of a guy had killed was now coming back.