"My wallet is upstairs," I simply said.

"Well I'm sure the pair of legs the good Lord gave you can help fix that. You better hurry; I can feel the itches to my stitches coming back in." Sucking my teeth, I walk out of the kitchen up the stairs to my bedroom for my wallet. Coming back down I find Serai back in the family room watching TV while eating a pop tart.

"Here," I said forking over the two hundred dollars. Counting it she smiles, tucking it in her shorts; she went back to her breakfast taking a bite. She says, "She's mad cause you still haven't taken her shooting like you promised."

"That's it? Serai you better gimme me two hundred dollars back."

"Hell nah, this snitch earned her pay, now go make it right dumbass."

**********

Tamia

Driving into the parking lot I parked, grabbing my purse I got out the car closing it; double checking to make sure its closed I headed inside. Walking through the semi empty hall since it was just minutes to nine, reaching Footlocker I took a deep breath before entering.

Looking around, the store was still empty except for the girl around my age sitting behind the cashier register reading a book. Placing a smile on my face I walked up to her and said, "Good Morning, um I'm Tamia, I'm supposed to be starting here today and I was wondering if you could point me into the direction of your assistant manager, please?"

"Oh sure thing, right this way follow me," she said folding the page of the book she was reading as she got up. Walking ahead of me she says, "I'm Chloe by the way."

"Nice to meet you," I answered nervously. Chloe was a tall petite with caramel complexion, light green eyes and bright purple and pink hair, with a nose piercing which surprisingly looked amazing on her.

"Same here," she smiled. Knocking on a door she says, "Jerry should be in here doing inventory."

Hearing a muffled, "Yeah," she opens the door, revealing a room filled with boxes on top of boxes and a surprise I honestly wasn't expecting.

"Jeremiah..."

"Oh good, you know each other, I'll let ya'll get situated it's almost nine. I gotta get back out front, see you later newbie."

It felt like we were staring at each other for hours when really it was only a few seconds. I never thought I'd see him again since that day at the beach but here we are, and instead of him being some cute guy from the mall he's my manager.

Holy shit! He's my flipping manager! Can it get any worse, the guy that tried-- at least that's what I'm calling it-- flirting with me, then later being a shoulder to lean on is the assistant manager at my new job

Oh fuck my life!

"Hi," I murmured

"Hey."

"So you're the assistant manager huh."

Oh my God could I sound any lame?

"Yep, that's me. Ready to get started?"

"Yes."

"Good, grab those boxes over there and start dividing them by their size then stack them in order from smallest to largest over in that corner. Then pull and flatten the boxes and place them in that room over there got it?" he finished saying, while pointing to a door to his right.

"Yeah."

"Good, now let's get to work." Nodding my head, I immediately got to work.

By midday I had finished stocking, dividing and even helped a few costumers, I was in the back about to take a break when my phone vibrated, it was a message from Kevin. Back to back his texts came til I got annoyed enough and replied back.