you saved me part 2

Kevin 

There she was lying peacefully with different machines hooked up to her the beating of the heart monitor let me know she was still alive.

Thank God, why would anyone do this?

"Mhmm." she began to stir.

"Baby wake up, open your eyes for mama." She slowly opened her eyes, blinking repeatedly looking at both Ms. C and I.

"Mama?"

"Yeah baby."

"What happened, why am I in a hospital bed?" Her mother looked back at me with tears in her eyes not knowing how to answer her so I did.

"Tamia you were beaten on your way from school, now I know this must be upsetting but I'ma need you to tell us who did this." she opened her mouth as if to say something but quickly closed it looking between her mother and, I she then finally said, "I don't know." Now call me fucked up if you wanna but I didn't believe that shit the look on her face gave her away.

"You're sure?"

"Yeah" she then turned her back to us and said, "I'm tired." I coulda sworn I heard her voice break.

"Okay baby we'll let you get some rest." With that we turned to walk out but I stayed back letting her mom out first so I could say one last thing to her.

"Tamia..." She turned to look at me.

"I know you're lying and one way or another I'ma find out who did this." With that I left.