Forgive Him Or Forget Him?...Part 2

Tamia

"Wait, what?" Did he just...

"When I was sixteen my mom was killed in our home. I had come home from dealing at the spot when I found her. I didn't know what to do so I did the most common thing; I cried. I had reported it to the cops, but you know the deal if you ain't got money to floss then you can forget them making your case a top priority. So I took matters into my own hands, turns out the killing was a team effort so I-I I um--"

"What? Spit it out Kevin." Not quite looking me in the eyes he softly said, "I took them out ... One by one." Staring up at him blankly, I froze. What am I to say to that he killed people, my Kevin killed people?

Leaning against the door frame I just stared, but I needed to know everything, if we were ever going to move on from this. Looking over his shoulder I said, it's not over is it?" it came out as a question and even though I already knew the answer I needed to hear him say it.

Seeing him moving towards me, I shake my head causing him to stop. "Just tell me," I said weakly, with tears now filling my eyes and me trying my hardest not to let them fall. I look at him, waiting for his answer. "No, it's not." Nodding, I couldn't hold it back any longer a loud sob left my lips. I slapped a hand over my mouth and slid to the floor as my body shook slightly and my tears continued to flow.

Feeling a set of arms around me and inhaling his scent, my sobs worsen, it isn't over.

I might be young, but I'm not stupid, he wasn't gonna stop till either they were all dead or he was and as mad as I might be right now a life without him was — unimaginable. But I couldn't make him choose ... could I?

"How-How many more?" I asked my, voice shaking.

"How many more, what?" he asked, clearly confused.

"How many more are there for you — to kill?" Catching him off guard his eyes go wide.

"Tamia..." I sigh.

"Please just tell me." Looking into his eyes I said, "No more secrets." Hesitantly, he looks down at me; taking a step towards me he raises his hand to wipe away a new tear.

I sighed and leaned into his touch putting my hand over his, I close my eyes for a moment releasing new tears; that simple action clarified what I knew all along. I can't lose him. I looked up at him waiting for his answer. He says, "One more." Nodding, I straightened up still looking at him I said, "Alright, now tell me how I can help."

Kevin

"No."

"Why not?" Is she seriously trying to send me to an early grave, just thinking about the possibilities of what could happen if I let her anywhere near a gun, much less shooting one?

"Because I said so now drop it Tamia." Stepping into my personal space, she poked a finger in my chest and says, "If you think for one second that you just had the last word then you honestly don't know who you're dealing with, so you wanna try me, mhmm?"

"Why though?"

"Because I love you," she said, wrapping her arms around my waist.

"So does this mean I'm forgiven?" I asked, wrapping my own arms around her waist. She smiles up at me, "Not by a long shot, baby," she then kissed my lips softly then turned and headed upstairs to our room.

Well ain't that some shit.—