Just Chilling: Now What?

Silence

"Mama? Say something... please?" Shaking her hands loose from my own, she looks at me with a blank look. All I can feel was hurt, I was hurting more than the beatings Johanna and her friends ever gave me, more than the sick little jokes they played. God it hurt more than finding out I was the reason we didn't have a dad; this was the one thing I feared, mama was turning against me.

"Mama, don't do this." Grabbing back her hand I said, "Please say you believe me." "But I don't Tamia," letting go of her hand I backed away. "But you have to, mama think about it all the bloody noses, all the bruises all while I was at home! And you don't believe me?" "Sorry baby, but I just don't, but I do believe something happen to you, and when we get home we're gonna figure this all out ok baby." Now here I am crying my eyes out, I had no words to say, my own mother basically thought I was a liar, the one person I thought that'll always be on my side really wasn't.

SMASH!!!!!

Kevin

"Yo, what kinda wacky ass mother are you?" Turning to Tamia, "I mean I'm trying here and I'm honestly not trying disrespect her after all she's yo moms but..." Turning back to Mrs. C

"But what kinda mother tells her daughter that shit when she's opening up to you, after all the things she's been through. Yo, I'ma ask you to leave before I really forget who's moms you is" walking to the door to further my point.

"Fine with me Tamia let's go."

"Hell no, you can leave, but Tamia ain't going nowhere"

"You have no right I'm her mother."

"Then yo ass shoulda been acting like it."

"You can't keep her here; I know my fucking rights as her mother! I can have you arrested!"

"You think I'm scared, do it try me I don't give a fuck, but I'll be damned if I let her leave with you back to that abusive bitch you call your daughter. Get me locked up! I dare you then see how it feels when I rat on your bitch of a daughter! I rather Tamia in the system than back at that house....so what cha gonna do?"

Turning to Tamia she takes a step forward as do I cause at this moment I don't trust this bitch.

"Tamia baby...."

"Just leave mama," it broke my heart when her voice cracked standing beside her I pulled her into my arms all while still eyeing her mother.

"You can leave now I'll be by in the morning for her things; nodding she turned and left I knew she loved her but she just didn't wanna think her oldest could be so evil. All I know is she better not fuck with Tamia no more or I might have to show her how it feels to fuck with .