Morning After

Kevin

"Tamia ... Tamia..." I whispered over my bed, looking down at her she began to stir "Come on, sleepyhead time to get up." Rubbing the sleep that still lingered outta her eyes she yawns and asked,

"What time is it?" Checking the clock on the nightstand I said "10:30 am."

"What! I overslept! I'm late for school!" Jumping outta bed, she heads for the bathroom slamming the door behind her.

Sitting down on the bed I stared at the door thinking: I wonder how long it'll take her to realize she doesn't have any extra clothes. I chuckled but was cut short when she snatched the door open. Well that was quick...

"Um I don't have anything here." Standing, I walked over to her tilting her head back I looked in her eyes and said, "No worries, after we eat breakfast I can drive you to your mom's to pack I'd do it myself but something tells me you wouldn't like me looking around in your underwear drawer." Seeing her eyes go wide I actually laughed a little bit.

"In the meantime there's an extra toothbrush on the counter" pointing behind her, "The clean towels are in the cabinet and...." Turning my back to her I grabbed the shopping bag by the door.

"Here something you can wear for the day, I got up earlier than usual so I did a little shopping hope you like it." Taking the bag from my hands she said," Kevin you didn't have to..."

"I know but I wanted to and don't worry 'bout school I had Eric report that you weren't coming in for a few days."

"Eric?" She asked confused.

"Yeah, my baby brother."

"Oh ok, thank you."

"No prob" I said as I headed for the bedroom door.

"Oh and Tamia...."

"Yeah"

"Happy Valentine's day," with that I left but not before flashing her a smile.

Heading to the family room I began to take the extra blankets off the couch one by one folding them, and placing them in the hallway closet with my pillow.

Yeah, yeah, yeah I know what you thinking, I slept on the couch and for the slow ones, don't be so surprised. I wasn't about to sleep in the same bed as Tamia, especially with all she going through right now, she deserves her space plus I didn't wanna confuse things.

RING! RING! RING!

"Hello."

"Heyyy booboo, what's crack-a-lacking!"

"What's good Toya?"

"Gas" she said in a flat tone I couldn't help but laugh.

"True, true"

"So how's settling at your new spot?"

"It's going good so far, how's things on the Westside?"

"All good, but yo boy Mark, Ooohh he working my nerves, every time I see him I just wanna choke him."

"And you put up with it so why you complaining again."

"Well excuse the hell outta me I thought you was my boy... my BFF...my ride or die but I guess a bitch got it wrong."

"Girl stop all that with yo dramatic ass."

"Shit, when I pop up on you I hope you still saying that shit."

"Kevin..." Turning around I was face to face with Tamia "Hey let me call you back."

"Kevin! Who that in the backgr..." I didn't let her finish her sentence I hung up.

Walking over to Tamia who remained at the staircase "Wow, Tamia you look beautiful." Smiling that shy smile she says, Thank you."

"You do that a lot."

"Do what?"

"Thank me..."

"Sorry?"

"No need, you know when I bought this dress I thought it was pretty but..." Striking her cheek;

"Now that I see it on you, you look amazing ... Absolutely amazing." Pulling her to me I couldn't help think how right this felt lowering my head I want so bad to just get one taste