they both stood and waved to some of
the people inside and outside as they left. josh pulled at tyler's sleeve.

« ty! did ya see! i was so good! »
josh grinned as tyler nodded. he wrapped his arm around the shorter boy.

« you did so good, honey, » josh
giggled into tyler's chest. as they walked towards their car in the back.

« when we get to my house, can we
make cookies? just 'cause i was so good? » tyler chuckled and nodded. josh squeaked and jumped up and down.

the drive to josh's house was quick,
but it felt antagonizingly long. josh spent the whole time whining about how they needed to hurry up or the cookies wouldn't be made.

tyler tried to convince him that it was
all alright and that they were still going to make cookies, but the little just wanted to hurry home.

josh smiled up at tyler as he opened
the door. josh jumped out with a grin and skipped towards his front door. he opened the unlocked door and didn't even notice tyler lagging behind.

« we're home! » josh giggled. debby walked down the stairs. josh immediately ran to her and hugged her tightly. she laughed.

« hey bub! » debby smiled and josh
pulled away to look up at her.

« hi mommy! » the grin on his face
always made debby happy. tyler walked inside as he ended a call that josh didn't know about.

the call wasn't exactly good. it was a call from their management about tour dates and how most of the shows are 'sold out' because people buy them in bills and then sell them. it really frustrated tyler. him and josh fought really hard to get the tickets as low as possible.

as he ended the call, he looked up
and saw the look they gave each other. he sighed. his anger and frustration seemed to rise from the sight.

tyler was never really fond of debby,
but tyler forced himself to tolerate her for josh. she isn't a bad person, tyler just doesn't hang out with people like her. he hides that from josh, though.

« guess what! » josh grinned, a sparkle
in his eyes made debby coo.

« what! » debby said with the same energy.

« me and ty are makin' cookies! » josh squeaked our happily. debby smiled and nodded.

« good! you better make enough for jenna, too! » debby said and squished josh's cheeks.

« we will, » josh smiled.

the little skipped over to tyler, who was looking for ingredients. josh watched tyler take out eggs and milk from the fridge. josh took that time to pull at tyler's sleeve, making the taller man drop all the eggs. josh jumped back and tears welled up in his eyes.

« joshua! you know you can't pull on
my sleeve when i'm holding stuff! » tyler yelled. josh's lip quivered as he nodded. the boy started to visibly shrink as tyler yelled at him.

debby heard the commotion and looked over to see tyler yelling at a crying josh. debby stood up and went to tyler.

« tyler. stop yelling at him; it was just
an accident, » debby said sternly. poor josh was still shaking and crying.