Chapter-36

Chapter 36

For three months Shadow has been feeding me horrendous foods that I can barely choke down. The drinks are even worse, much worse. There is one he calls the eltaputla tea. It smells like lake water and is a mossy green color and the consistency is of a chunky smoothie (total contradiction there but that’s the only way I can explain it). I call it death in a cup…ugh. Makes a shiver run down my spine just thinking of drinking the sludge he calls tea.

Shadow has been teaching me how to meditate and channel my energy. He tells me this will help when I use my powers. He says this meditation will keep me from using more power than necessary for a task; thus, keeping me from getting injured or sick from the use of power. He has been teaching me about the moonbeam tribe also. He says to be a good leader you must know your people. For three whole months the only thing keeping me moving forward is thinking about Dylan and my people, who are all being controlled by Joanne.

Today is the first day Shadow is allowing me to use my powers full force. He wants to see if I can control it better now that I have learned some control with my mind body connection. First, he said we have to start the day as we normally do with tai chi. The slow exercise does have a calming effect on me. But at the same time I drive myself mad each day wanting, needing to be home, where I belong. I can feel it in my bones the call of the land.

Many spirits has been visiting me since I came to Shadow’s home. Sarah is here every day. She said she is keeping an eye on all of my people and things aren’t well but they have yet to become extreme. When I ask about Dylan she always manages to avoid the question all together or is quite vague in her explanations. Shadow knows and can sense that the spirits are all around daily. He just goes about his business as if they aren’t. We had just finished with our tai chi for the morning when he turned to me.

“Gonja I was wondering if you would like to try a new form of meditation?” Shadow asked.

“Another form of meditation, Shadow? I don’t see why not,” I said exasperated.

“I think you will find this form of meditation to be anything other than another form. It is what I have dubbed as transference. Although, I will not be able to assist you with this meditation. The spirit that comes to you daily her name is Sarah, right?” Shadow asked. I nodded not sure where this was going.

“Sarah can teach you how to transfer into her spirit state and you will see what she sees. You will hear what she hears. You will still be in your body. You cannot move her form or anything but you will be able to travel your mind,” he told me. Was that possible to transfer into Sarah? I could see my old pack. I could see Dylan!

“Now I want you to try out your mind power at the full potential but only for three seconds at most so you are not injured,” he explained. I closed my eyes and focused on the tree directly in front of me. I counted…one, two BAM! Before I got to three the tree exploded into splinters blowing away from myself and Shadow.

“Great improvement! How are you feeling Gonja?” Shadow asked with fervor.

“I’m fine and I have lived with your for months now please call me Tiffany,” I said. Shadow just gave me a big grin, which is rare. We practiced my powers of moving the earth and making it rain and creating electricity to do what I wanted to inanimate objects. As he said I have improved a great deal from what I had been before. My physical strength had improved exponentially as well. Shadow had me working out every day. Each day I worked a different set of muscles.