Chapter 24-

Some people wanted to see Dylan's POV about this story so here is a glimpse into his mind...

=========================================================

Chapter 24

Dylan’s POV

I am sitting here waiting and hoping for my beautiful green-eyed fireball to wake up. Just when things were getting really bad she came into the middle of the danger and turned it upside down with her immense power. I am so pissed and proud all at the same time. As I bowed before her in that yard she looked sexier than I have ever seen her and that is saying a whole hell of a lot. But how could she put herself in danger like that after I took great care to get her away from it? And that damn Shadow, everyone has such great respect for him but all he did was break the biggest promise he ever made by letting her get away with coming into the middle of a battle. Please God let her wake up soon it has been three days and each day that passes is pure torture. I need to see her mossy green eyes staring up at me even if it is hatred, rage, or love. I just need to see them. To know she is okay.

There was a knock at her bedroom door. I sighed and went over to see who it was. I opened the door to see that it was just Stephan. He walked past me to look down on Tiffany.

“Has there been any change in her condition?” Stephan asked. He comes at least once a day to check on Tiffany.

“No. Nothing at all has changed. I am starting to worry it may never change,” I said.

“Everything will be fine. I am sure she will come around soon,” he said with a thoughtful look on his face. He may just be telling himself that from the guilt of being her personal bodyguard and having failed at his post. If she dies I will die with her. I won’t live without her in my life. Even when she hates my guts she is still a part of my life. She is the reason I live. I have been such a jerk to her and I’m not sure I can change who I am. But if God chooses to give me a second chance with her I will give it my very best shot at being everything she wants and needs as only a mate, a true mate can.

The pack doctor should be here in 20 minutes. He always comes to take her vitals and check her condition at 2p.m.

2p.m.

Finally, the doctor arrived and took her vitals. He said the same freaking thing he says every day, “Her vitals are perfect and all of the tests we have done are perfect. Her body is just exhausted and shut down. She should be fine and wake up when she is ready.”

“Yeah, that’s what I have heard for three DAMN days doc! How about more tests or something! We have to do something! I cannot sit here helpless and watch her like this!” I said as I stomped out as I slammed the door.

I felt like going out and getting skunk drunk and the only thing stopping me is the thought of her waking while I was in that condition. That would start us off once again on a bad beginning.

I went to the wing of the house where I live. I needed a cold shower to calm my temper before I turn around and attack that stupid doctor that hasn’t done anything to help my mate.

After a cold shower I managed to have some of the guys bring a cot into Tiffany’s room, seeing as I am in charge while she is incapacitated. I never thought I would want to give up the title of Alpha but I would gladly give my life for the beautiful human laying deathly still in her bed. I was lying on the cot next to her bed trying to catch some Zs.

Suddenly, a cold chill ran over my whole body. I really need to remember and have the construction crew take a look at her room because there is a serious draft in here.  Just after I felt the chill I saw it…am I just seeing things?

===================================================