Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Still in Dylan POV…for now ;P

I swear I just saw a weird fog or mist in the room with me. I’ve honestly never seen anything like it before. Just as I was going to try to walk over and find out what it was I heard rustling from where Tiffany lay on her bed. I turn just in time to see her eyes open slowly…ah finally. Her sea foam green orbs stared back at me for the longest time. I could just sit here by her side forever if she would keep gazing at me with those eyes of hers. They always seem to swallow me whole. The relief that washed over my soul was indescribable at this moment. To know that she was going to be okay was the only thing that was important to me now.

Tiffany’s POV

I could feel myself waking up with more pain than I ever remember in my life. My entire body felt like it was in a tank of ice water. My skin was prickling like pins and needles but worse, I almost feel like that horror movie dude I think his name is hellraiser. It hurt so bad my body began to move of its own accord. Suddenly, what just happened in the field came back to me. I must wake up because I don’t know if my people are still in danger or not. As my eyes opened found myself inside of a room with a large person’s back in my line of sight. I would know that muscled back anywhere. It was Dylan’s beautiful backside, ripped and gorgeous.

He turned and seen my eyes open and he looked at me like he had never seen a person before.

“Dylan...” I said.

“Yeah, I am here. Are you okay? Do you need something? How do you feel?” He stammered.

“Whoa, take a breath and only one question at a time. My head is splitting at the moment,” I pleaded.

“Okay. Sorry. How are you feeling?” he asked.

“I’m not really sure yet. I hurt all over. What happened out there a few minutes ago?” I asked.

“A few minutes ago? Tiff, you have been out for days. I was worried you weren’t going to wake up. I was scared I wouldn’t be able to talk to you ever again or see that fire in your eyes when your angry.”

“Dylan please just tell me is everyone safe? Did all survive the battle?” I begged. I needed to know if my pack was safe and sound.

“Calm down. Everyone made it out alive. Some were beat up with scratches, bumps, and bruises. Most of that took place before you saved us all,” he told me with pride. “Let me get the medics and have them check you over now that you are awake.”

With that he vanished out the door. He said I saved them all. I guess that was my purpose in life. Strange was the way I would describe the sense of fulfillment I felt in my heart knowing that my existence made other peoples’ lives better. Maybe this was the turn around my life needed. The past months I had worked with the council and worked on my powers with no time for anything else. I was brought out of my reverie by footsteps just outside my door. Expecting Dylan and the medical staff I was a little surprised when the person didn’t use the door.