Chapter 19-

Chapter 19

          As I stepped through the open doors my heels tapped against the cool concrete and that was the only sound to be heard. The party had gone into complete silence with my appearance. For someone who hates the spotlight this is pure torture. I even skipped out on the public speaking class in school because it terrified me. Now I am mentally kicking myself for that decision. I looked around for someone that looked familiar. Over to my right I saw Sandy. What a sight for sore eyes. She always seemed to show up when I needed a friend.

I walked over to her and she was smiling from ear to ear. “Hey, Sandy how are you?” I asked not knowing what to say.

“Oh I am way good. And yourself? Ms. Alpha freaking Gonja. Why didn’t you tell me?! We could’ve had had so much fun with that!” she babbled. Only Sandy could find humor in my so called misfortune of a life. Her babble did put me at ease somewhat though. “Dylan got his ass handed to him by a girl! Serves his mean ass,” she said.

“What is all of this? I am so scared right now. They told me I would be in danger if I didn’t have my mate.” I told her.

“Well the rumor mill has it that your unique situation caused the council to come up with a solution that would not only protect you but also make you the most powerful Gonja ever. I don’t really know. I do know once you have been presented if the pack accepts you then you will meet with the council and they will explain things,” she told me. At least Sandy had my back.  I could tell that she said all that she knew.

“Sandy I know I have kind of been MIA lately but I am really lucky to have you as a friend. Thanks,” I hope she heard the appreciation in my voice.

“Tiffany it’s time,” I looked over for the face to the voice it was Shadow.

“Okay, let’s do it then I guess,” I replied. He smiled at me with his wrinkly face and shiny brown eyes. He took my arm and wrapped it in his leathery arm and walked me to a make-shift stage in the center of the back yard.

“May I have your attention Moon Beam Pack members!”everyone instantly hushed at the old man’s words. “We are here to present to you the next Gonja and the first Alpha Gonja in our long history. She has been given to me in a vision by the great Sohosian. It is his wish you accept her with full power and reverence bestowed upon our leaders,” with that he stopped speaking and looked to me and motioned for me to take the scariest thing ever, center stage. I gulped and took a long cleansing breath.

“My name is Tiffany as some of you may already know. I have only learned of these events within the last hours. All that I am aware is that I will do everything in my power to protect and take full leadership of the pack. After acceptance I will take on full responsibility of the pack. My intentions are to make every decision with Moon Beam’s best interest in my heart and mind. To make rational and final judgments. Thank you for taking the time to be here with me and the pack. Enjoy the party and fellowship. I am available for any and all matters you may wish to discuss with me,” I have no idea where all of the speech came from but it just came out and felt natural. Without a word or any warning the entire crowd including Shadow got down on one knee and bowed to me. Shadow looked up at me and motioned for me to speak again. I nodded.

“I feel great esteem and gratitude for your acceptance and your confidence in my abilities. Thank you,” with that I bowed to them and they all rose up and started to applaud.

30 minutes later

“Alpha, may I speak with you in private?” Dylan questioned.

“Of course,” I said startled because I hadn’t even seen him since early in the day. I started back into the house. When I got inside the doors where no one could see he grabbed my arm and spun me around with my back to the wall.

“You look absolutely breath taxingly gorgeous,” he breathed just an inch away from my lips.

“I thought you would be angry about how things have turned out,” I told him. He cocked his head to the side.

“If you were anyone else you would be dead by now. I only feel pride in the fact that my mate is so powerful and beautiful at the same time. It’s sexy as hell. When are you going to understand no matter what happens the love I have for you is eternal? I know I am not the man of the year. I am stubborn, pig headed, hot tempered, and all. But I am all yours,” He said to me.

====================================================

Well who would've thought he would react that way?!