Chapter 15- Momma Knows

Chapter 15

“Would you at least let me off the wall, please?” I asked hesitantly. She just stood there looking at me for the longest time. Finally, she let go. Now, I was really frightened of her more so than when I first seen her ghost appear in my room. She could honestly hurt or kill me easily. Maybe I should provoke her into killing me so I wouldn’t have to do it myself. With a sore neck I walked over and just sat on the edge of the bed. She sat beside me with a sad look on her face.

“Tiffany I know I told you my story. But I wish I could change the decision to take my own life. It didn’t solve anything for me. And the worst part is I threw away the gifts that God had given to me. They were meant to be used to better the world and I just threw them into the trash. If you were to follow through with what you were thinking of doing you would be doing the same thing. I cannot and will not let you do that. I can never move onto the heavens because of the terrible deed I committed.  Forever I will be this. Just a shell of who I was in my living time. You are a bright spot…on most days in this purgatory I have been punished with. Even on those days seeing you is a double edged sword. I see you so full of life with everything in front of you. And it reminds me even more how terrible everything happened because of that one decision. I see it that look on your face that you are decided on and sure of your course. You are done with this life because you think he is done with you.” She finished her speech and we just sat there. I cried and she held me in her cold dead arms.

I don’t know how long we sat like that but eventually there was a knock at the door. As I walked over to the door I asked, “Who is it?”

“Your mother,” was the reply from the other side of the fancy door. I swung the door back as quickly as humanly possible. Relief washed over everything inside me. I know this sounds childish but I wanted my mommy. I opened the door as quickly as possible and there she stood my savior. I flung myself at her.

“Mom?!” I screamed into her ear as I squeezed the life out of her.

“C...can’t breathe…” she gulped out.

“Oh, sorry mom I was just so happy to see you here. So much has happened. I needed to talk to you so bad. Rodney brought me here and we fully mated. Then when I woke he was just gone. Just like that he…he was gone,” I wailed out the last part. Mom was used to my fast talk when something was bothering me. She knew me so well. She let me spout until I couldn’t speak anymore.

“He brought me here you know. Rodney had a ticket waiting for me at the airport. When you called from your plane and he talked to me. He said it was imperative for your immediate safety for you to be far away from Georgia. He said I was to make arrangements with my job and meet the both of you here. But he said of utmost importance I was to tell not one soul where I was going. He said as soon as I got here he would explain everything. I didn’t argue because even though he took you he also made all the arrangements to bring me along. So I didn’t see a way to argue about your safety,” she calmly told me the whole story as if my life hadn’t already crumbled.

“Well did he drive you here? Where is he?” I asked suddenly relieved that he hadn’t deserted me.

“Um…no he didn’t drive me. I don’t know where he is honey.” She said with a flat tone that held some anger. With those words my world crashed once again. He did leave me. After this whole conversation with my mother I was wondering what had become of Sarah. She must assume I am perfectly safe from self-harm while momma was here. And she would be correct. Well speaking of Sarah I need to tell mom everything…everything I have been hiding from her.

“I need to tell you some stuff mom. I have been hiding some things from you because I wasn’t sure how to tell you. But my reasons don’t really hold up anymore. When we first moved into our Georgia house I met someone who lives in my room. I told you about the ghost but I didn’t tell you everything about her. She has told me some stuff…some really weird stuff. I know you believe everything I tell you, but this ‘stuff’ may be a little hard to believe even for you.” I left it like that until she nodded for me to continue.

“Her name is Sarah she was a spirit gonja. This meant that she had special paranormal abilities to communicate with spirits, ghost, or whatever you want to call them. She fell in love with a werewolf…yes a werewolf. They do exist and you need to believe that before I tell you more.”

“If you tell me you have seen them for yourself Tiffany I will believe it,” mom said. She trusted me so much it was more like we were sisters sometimes instead of mother daughter duo.

“Ok I will go on then. Werewolves and gonjas both mate for life when they mate. Sarah found her mate and accepted him as hers. Once she accepted him in her heart it was permanent she couldn’t change her mind. The unfortunate thing was he chose someone else as his mate. It hurt her so much she committed suicide, not being able to deal with watching her mate love someone else.” Telling mom this story she gasped at the suicide part.

“Mom…” I whispered. “I am like…like Sarah. I am a spirit gonja or I will be in a few minutes.” I say as I looked at the clock realizing that I will be 19 in less than five minutes.

“WHAT?” mom’s panicked voice cracked.

“I am not sure what it means for me but I am a spirit gonja and I have chose Rodney as my mate and he has gone.” As I tell mom this realization crosses her horror-struck face.

“Well I am sure he hasn’t gone for good. He wouldn’t have gone out of his way like all this and leave you. Men don’t go out of their way very far unless they really want something or love you.” She said with assurance. Once again she knew just what to say to make it all better.

“We will figure all of this mess out. And if he left I will kick his no good ass.” Momma has such a red-head temper. Her saying this actually made me laugh a little.

 ====================================================

Comment Please tell me what is on your mind when you read this.