Chapter 21

Chapter 21

We arrived at the party house called the deer shed. The music coming from the house was playing so loud we could feel it thumping inside our car as we parked. I could feel the bass thumping inside my body as I walked up the gravel pathway to the house. There were people outside the house around a bonfire some sitting in lawn chairs and others just standing around the fire. All were drinking from plastic cups.

Maybe if I played my cards right I can avoid the alcohol altogether. I don’t like how it tastes and I don’t like the effects it has on me not to mention I am only 19 going on 20 which are below legal age to drink.

We walked in the front door to the house and the temperature spiked like 50 degrees at least with all of the people packed into the house and most of them dancing or other activities, yuck.  We made our way to the kitchen still the three of us and Sandy squealed seeing her boyfriend Cameron. Cameron handed us all a plastic cup and pointed us to the keg in the corner of the kitchen.

As we walked over to the keg Sandy filled her cup and went back to where Cameron was playing poker. Jon took my cup and pulled a soda pop from his jacket pocket and filled my cup and handed it back to me. “Thanks,” I whispered to him. He smiled and filled his cup with the keg juice.  Jon put his hand on my back to steer me into the direction of the dance floor. I guess I wouldn’t be losing my bodyguard at all tonight. Not that he is bad company but a little freedom would be nice. We stood at the corner of the room watching people dance for a while.

Jon leaned over and said, “You need to drink out of that cup or people will start to get suspicious and want to give you a refill.”

“Oops, I have been people watching forgetting that they are probably watching me too,” I told him with another polite smile. As I took a sip of the cola he had given me I almost choked at what I saw. Dylan was on the dance floor with a very pretty girl and he wasn’t wearing a shirt. They were a little too close for my comfort level. He had his hands all over her and she didn’t seem to mind. I recognized the girl as Kara Hinson just an average wolf nothing special. I wonder what attracted him to her.

Jon brought me out of my thoughts by pulling on my arm. “Let’s dance,” he yelled over the music. I nodded willing to do anything but have to stare at Dylan and Kara. As we moved onto the dance floor the music had already changed to a slow song. Jon grabbed my hips and I put my arms around his neck. He was an excellent dancer. He was skillfully moving me around the dance floor making it look like I could dance too. I giggled and he looked down at me questioningly. I motioned for him to bend down so he could hear me speak. He did so. I told him, “You are a really good dancer. You are making it look like I can dance too. Even though I am tragically clumsy. Hehe.”

“Anything for my AG,” he said into my ear with a flashy grin.

“What the hell are you doing here with her?!” someone shouted. Guess who.

“Well our Alpha decided to come to a party so naturally I came along with her,” Jon spoke up.

“I don’t give a shit if you came with her why do you have your mangy paws all over her!” Dylan shouted. The music had already went silent and every party goer was keeping a watchful eye on us.

“Dylan! That is enough! Jon was kind enough to tag along to protect me and his hands weren’t all over me we were dancing.” I said with every ounce of power I had in me. His alpha blood wasn’t allowing him to back down though. Dylan grabbed both of my arms roughly. Great that would leave a bruise for sure. But quick as lightening Jon had Dylan by the throat and raised off the floor. Before Dylan could strike back in his inebriation many wolves were surrounding us and had hold of Jon as well as Dylan.

While both guys were being held back until they calmed down I left the room in search of Sandy but I found Stephan instead. Stephan is on the council but he is only in his early 20s.

“Stephan I am relieved to see you here. I need some help in the next room. Dylan and Jon were about to fight.”

“Anything you need Alpha I am at your service,” he stated very formal.

We went into the room where Jon and Dylan were now free of their captors but were still on opposite side of the room.

“You go talk to Jon and I will handle Dylan, okay?” I asked Stephan. He smiled and nodded walking off into the direction of Jon.

“Dylan I would like to speak to you in another room please,” as I spoke Dylan hung his head and started making his way to a hallway to the far left of the dance floor. He made it to the very last room away from all the partying. He opened the door for me to enter. Crap I had to walk within an inch of his shirtless torso. My breathing caught and my heart sped and to my dismay he noticed because he got that sexy smirk on his face.

“Don’t flatter yourself I am just still reeling from the excitement you caused,” I said in an angry tone.

“So I excite you is that is my alpha?” and he made it sound filthy. I frowned at him.

“Dylan what is wrong with you? I come to one party to which you have been too many. I find you slobbering all over another wolf and you get all angry because Jon was dancing with me. Come on man you have to get real here. You do what you want and I do what I want. That’s the way life works. I am alpha and I didn’t want to order you to confined quarter but if you insist on wreaking havoc on my pack I will do just that. Jon is off limits and that is an order straight from the alpha’s mouth. Got it? He is my protection detail and you will treat him with respect,” he lost his smirk when I started talking about Jon.

“Yes Alpha your orders will be followed.” He said in stiff manner. He was really mad now.

“Good now that we are all clear please lets enjoy the party,” I said as I was walking to open the door.  He was faster than me as always. He grabbed me and carried me over to a bed in the room and lay me gently down. I was worried because he was drunk and the last time we were like this things were heated.

“Dylan this is not going to happen,” I said with confidence because now I could easily just order him away.

===================================================

How will this end up? Any ideas ;)

COMMENT!!!1