Chapter 20-Responsibilities

No action in this one...More of a filler chapter letting you see that Tiff is taking on her responsibilites like a pro...

Chapter 20

Okay what do I say to that? I need to stand my ground! I need to be strong and remember all of the stuff he has said and done. He was staring into my eyes and that always makes me weak but he is the reason my mate is dead and gone.

“That is no longer your decision,” I said with full authority.

“But you know we are—“ I interrupted him at this point.

“My life is really complicated at the moment and I can’t deal with this or you right now. Do you get that? You must know how tough it is to be in charge. You trained for it all of your life. Not only do I carry all of the responsibilities you were supposed to shoulder but I have all of the responsibilities of a gonja,” with that I walked away from his gaping mouth. I had no time to think about him I had to prepare to meet with the council right away. Once outside again I mingled with the crowd until Shadow found me.

“The council is ready to deal with you now my gonja,” he said as he bowed.

“Okay Shadow but please do not bow to me it’s just weird,” I said. He nodded and said, “As you wish my gonja.” He led me to a small cottage about two miles into the forest. It looked like something I would imagine out of a children’s book. It looked like a gingerbread house. I entered with Shadow still leading the way I was surprised he hadn’t said one word the entire trip. He led me to a door just inside the entryway.

“Gonja this is where I take my leave of you. Good luck and may the spirits be with you,” with those words he opened the front door to the cottage and left. Great guess I have to face this alone. I walked through the door to a room I wouldn’t have guessed would be in the little cottage. It was a large conference room equipped with a big table in the center and large plush office chairs surrounding it. And the scary part was they were all filled save one, mine.

A few deep breaths and steps and I took my seat. That was when the old alpha which was Dylan’s father stood and began to speak.

“I have been relieved of the duties of Alpha. This will be my last time to take this seat at the head of our council. We have been notified from the spirits that our gonja is to take the head of our tribe until that time that she finds her true mate. I will gladly now let her take her place at the head of this meeting. Tiffany will you kindly come to the front please,” he asked. I could tell where Dylan got his incredible good looks from. His dad was older but he was quite handsome.

I made my way to the front where his seat was and he gestured for me to take it and he walked back to where I was seated moments before. Then I took my new seat at the head of the table.

“Well since I am new to everything including everyone’s mere existence I would like to call on you all to tell me what each of you are here for and your expertise,” I called out.

The man to my direct left stood immediately. “Gonja I am Carter and I am currently the right-hand man of the Alpha, which would now be you. You may however choose your own right-hand assistant now my Alpha. I currently take care of all of your needs. Anything you are in need of I am your man, so to speak,” he said. He seemed embarrassed by that last part maybe because I am a woman. He sat back into his chair and the person next to him stood.