Chapter 13-Pains and Planes

Chapter 13

“Sandy…not that I am not glad to see you but how did you know where I lived?” I asked very confused. Then more confusion she winked at me. What the heck is going on?

“Just follow my lead ok.” She whispered. I shrugged my shoulders thinking she had lost her mind. “Oh my gosh!”She wailed tears rolling down both cheeks like a waterfall had burst through a dam. “What am I gonna do Tiffany! What am I gonna do? He was kissing Amy! Amy what is that! She isn’t even pretty or anything!” mom heard her wailing obviously and came running.

“What’s going on and who is this?” mom looked at me.

“This is Sandy a girl I met at school. And I don’t have any idea. You heard everything I did.” As I said this I am looking at my mom in disbelief. Sandy took over from there telling my mom an elaborate story of how her boyfriend had betrayed her and she was being quite dramatic at all the right placed in her story. Sandy had begged to stay all night with me and mom agreed instantly wanting to give her anything she wanted to calm her down.

When mom allowed us to go to my room I spun around on Sandy as soon as the door was shut. “What is going on for real?” I asked almost annoyed by this point of listening to her intricate story of total fiction.

“Well someone sent me here to keep an eye on you until he could come after you himself.” She explained with a smug grin playing on her lips. Oh no, what am I going to do? How will I get away from her? Dylan sent her to keep me captive until he can get to me. “Hey, why are you all pale…er than usual? Did I say something? Hello? Anybody in there?”

“W-Who sent you here tonight?” I asked petrified.

“Rodney of course silly girl. Like everyone doesn’t know what is going on between the two of you,” she said like it was common knowledge that we were mates.

“Oh yeah sure he did. I was just so confused by your great acting job downstairs with my mom.” I tried to cover. I’m not sure she bought it because she gave me a look of ‘whatever’ and then shrugged it off and we just had some normal girl talk. I couldn’t help but wonder why Rodney chose a relative of Dylan to keep me company. Wouldn’t she tell him?

We got ready for bed and it didn’t take long for me to crash out. But I woke in a cold sweat and didn’t know why. When I sat up in bed trying to get my bearings Sarah was at the end of my bed. Crap she is here and so is Sandy.

“Hey, it’s okay she can’t hear or see me. Although she can feel my presence she won’t know what it is.” She was apparently right because Sandy kind of rolled a little restless and went back to snoring.

“Okay you talk and I will just listen in case she wakes up,” I told Sarah.

“You have chosen to mate with Rodney, correct?” Sarah asked. I nodded. “You are afraid of Dylan, yes?” another confirming nod from me. “Since you have already chosen Rodney you realize that is now permanent.” This wasn’t a question so much as a statement. But I once again nodded. “Your choice has…complicated things but it will be alright. Your birthday is next week correct,” she asked.