Chapter 11-Marks of the Beloved

Chapter 11

The next day…

I was looking at myself in the mirror. Would everybody be able to tell I am no longer a virgin? No. That’s ridiculous no one even knew I was one to begin with. Still my eyes looked different to me at least. Mom would know I was sure.

“Tiffany, breakfast is ready,” mom shouted from downstairs.

“Coming just a minute,” I responded. I finished dressing and brushed my hair and teeth. And flew down to the kitchen. Mom had made my favorite breakfast French vanilla toast. We ate breakfast and as we were setting the dishes in the stainless steel sink she looked at me. “You look chipper this morning,” she said.

“Yeah well it is the weekend after all. No school what could be better.” I smiled as innocently as I could manage.

“Why are you smiling your ‘I am totally lying’ smile at me?” she inquired.

“Why I don’t even know what you mean my dear lady.” I told her in my most southern belle stage presence with my hand placed over my heart and laughed.

“Umhm…that’s okay I always find out,” she supposed as she walked toward the front door. Well at least she was in too big of a hurry to interrogate me for now.

What was I gonna do all weekend? I didn’t really have friends I could call up to hang with. I could really use a veg day. Veg meaning get movies and snacks and sit like a zombie in front of the tv all day. Back home it was one of my favorite things to do with my bestie Evette. When I started digging through the cabinet though I realized mom has been so busy lately I guess she hasn’t been to the market. So I got dressed in my comfy grey sweats and a white t-shirt. Then I was off to the local food market by the name of Grayson’s Grocer. It was a small local store but it had lots of junk food. I got a basket and filled it with the most fattening stuff I could find. Chips, soda, candy, and of course a pint of choco-cherry ice-cream was overflowing from it. Satisfied with my bounty I went to pay and then to the orange envelope movie rental just outside.

They had some of my favorite movies. I am more into the golden age of Hollywood than the teen-crapola they serve up as movies. People have told me I have an old soul. This old soul could be the reason I always felt completely alone in a room of my peers. Holy smokes! they have my all time favorite it’s a black and white called Topper Returns®. This is gonna be a good night I thought.

“Tiffany! Tiffany wait up,” said a deep masculine voice. I started walking faster but I heard his footsteps getting closer anyway. He grabbed my bicep making me come to a complete halt and dropping my two bags of groceries. “Damn sorry Tiffany,” he apologized as he started picking up all of my things and putting them back in the bags. He got to the movie and picked it up and raised his eyebrows in a questioning manner.

“What do you want and give me my stuff,” I grabbed the bags from him and quickly started stalking back in the direction of my house.

“The other night at the party…I was trying to tell Cynthia. But she was drunk and kind of all over me. We have been together a long time and I was trying to break it to her gently.”Dylan remarked.

This made me turn on him activating my tell off button once again. “Yeah, it looked real cozy and very gentle! And it doesn’t matter anyway you can go on being with her forever as far as I care, which I no longer care at all!” I screamed in his face.

“Is that why you seem so passionate as you yell at me,” he whispered as he grabbed my waist and pulled me as close as he could considering the two bags in my arms.

“Don’t you ever touch me again!” I quickly spun out of his grasp. He was stronger than me I was sure but I caught him off guard. He was once again chasing me down the street. And once again it didn’t take him long to catch me thanks s to my less than stellar athletic ability.

This time he snaked his huge arm around my waist halting my escape. His quick hands had jerked me to a stop making my big t-shirt falter off my shoulder.

“What the f**k is that!” He growled and I had never seen him angry like this before. His arm was all but crushing me now.

“Dylan please…you are hurting me…I…can’t breathe.” Was the last thing I said before darkness took me over. When I woke up I realized at once that I was home and in my own bed. What happened? The last thing I remember was Dylan and the street, my groceries, and he seen my shoulder.

“Are you awake?” asked a husky voice from across the room. It was Dylan.

“Yeah, what happened?” instead of answering me he came over and sat on the edge of my bed.

“Are you okay? I didn’t mean to hurt you. When you passed out everything in me went cold. I was so scared I had hurt you.” He said with concerned eyes.

“You did hurt me you crushed me until I couldn’t breathe you jerk.” I retorted. He looked down at his hands with shame.

“I am supposed to protect you. I promise nothing like this will ever happen again.” He stated while leaning closer into me. Realizing what he was trying to do I jumped up off the bed and made my way to the door.

As I opened the door I said, “I think you should go. I don’t want you here.” Instead of leaving like I asked he just walked over to me and closed the door trapping me in between he and the door. He moved to where he had a hand on each side of my head on the door. His face grazed mine as he whispered into my ear. “I don’t know who gave you this mark but mine will cover it soon. You already belong to me. This is not the mark of an alpha which means I can replace it with my own.” As he said this his hand had slid my shirt collar over exposing my shoulder. He leaned down to Rodney’s mark and licked it with his hot tongue and a moan escaped my lips before I could control it.

My hand shot up to cover my mouth. The moan had already excited him though. “I think it’s time to mark you as mine and get rid of that hideous thing on your shoulder.” His head leaned once again and this time he sucked on the mark left by Rodney. It took everything in me to keep quiet. His entire body held every inch of mine against my bedroom door.

===================================================

Dylan likes the doors doesn't he:)