Chapter 16-AIRPLANE BATHROOMS

Chapter 16

Just to feel that someone loved me at this moment was enlightening. I can’t believe I was so selfish as to think about suicide my momma would have been alone. I just can’t do that to her. I need to remember and tell Sarah no matter how bad the pain gets I will never consider that again. Poor Sarah, too bad she didn’t have someone like her when she was in my position. It was getting late in the afternoon. I decided instead of staying cooped up in this room all day we should have some fun since everything was already paid for.

I looked in the night stand beside the huge bed…the huge bed. Oh no I have to stop myself from thinking about him. Anyway there was a directory of services provided for by the hotel. The first thing I saw of interest was skiing, because I had never been.

“Mom lets go skiing. They provide all the services here at the hotel,” I told her.

“Wow I have never skied before. I don’t know how,” she said.

“Duh, they have instructors who go up the mountain with you. We aren’t skiing Everest Mom just the bunny slopes. Come on let’s do this!” I said with enough enthusiasm to get mom excited.

We called the front desk and told them of our plans. They said the instructor would be by to get us in an hour and we could get all of our equipment at the lodge storage area. All we needed was warm skiing clothes. So off we went to the local shops. Which were conveniently located 2 miles away. We shopped as quickly as we could to make it back to our room in time for the instructor to pick us up.

Right on time there was a knock at the door. Momma rushes over to answer the door.

“Tiffany you have a visitor,” she yelled to me. What? No, no one knows I am here. It must be Rodney come back…eeh! I run around the corner to hug him and when I catch site of my visitor I stop in my tracks. It’s Dylan. What the…

“How did you find me?! You should leave now because it doesn’t even matter. Please leave NOW,” I said with enough inflection to get a glare from his tired looking face.

“Tiffany its Rodney! Just listen to me before you throw me out!” he pleaded. I nodded he had my utmost attention as soon as Rodney’s name was out of his mouth.

“Whew! Okay here goes. I ordered Rodney back to Georgia early this morning. We had some issues that needed to be taken care of by the security force of the pack which includes Rodney. We went to a battle on the north side of Baner’s Ridge as soon as he got back. He told me where you were because he is hurt pretty bad. He asked me to come after you and bring you back. I am beyond not happy with either of you for running behind my back. We will discuss that more once Rodney recovers. Just know I am Alpha. He obeys any and every command I give him. I will order him to give me your hand, so to speak. YOU ARE MINE!” I am not sure what all Dylan said because after Rodney is hurt I could no longer listen.

“Take me to him please,” I begged. I made mom stay behind for our ski instructor because it was too late to cancel and Dylan had only reserved air plane ticket for he and I…jerk. We boarded the plane right away. I couldn’t stay still in my seat. Rodney…my mate was hurt and I don’t even know how badly. What if he doesn’t make it until I reach him? A single hot tear was streaking my face when Dylan reached over and captured it with one large finger.

“It will be fine. He isn’t going to die if that is what you are thinking. But he will have a rough recovery and he will need you to get through it. He was very sneaky in getting you here and alone to mate with you. But I can tell by his mark it is not complete, is it?” I wasn’t sure if he was soothing me or warning me.

I just sat their silently trying to ignore him. Was he saying he was going to let me be with Rodney at least until he is better? Maybe we could complete our mating during his recovery so that Dylan will no longer have a say.