Chapter 36

Max

I've been waiting in the waiting room for Ross to come back with any kind of update. As long as it was good, I couldn't bear to hear any bad news. The past two months have been so hard.

I told Ross about what happened, he said he understood but I could tell he couldn't. He ignored me for the following week. I think he's forgiven me at the moment. Now all I need is for Shelby to wake up and get better, and then for her to forgive me. I would understand if she didn't I wouldn't forgive me either.

I stood up and walked over to the magazine stand to look through the options. All they had was fashion, cooking, and fitness. I decided on the cooking magazine, I should learn how to cook anyway. Shelby always wanted me to make something but, I never could. I got to the third page before Dr.Adler came strolling in like he owned the place. Expect he did, he did own the place. The hospital is even named after him, Adler Memorial Hospital.

"Max," Dr.Adler spoke as I stood.

"Yes?"

"Sit down, please. I have some news." Oh god, this can't be good. I nodded my head and kept my eyes focused on the ground.

"Shelby," Dr.Adler sat down on the seat beside me, "is awake and talking." I could feel the tears coming. I was so happy, she's okay, she's really okay. "If you would like to, which I'm sure you would, you can go see her but, talk slowly not fast. She's awake but not completely... functioning, okay?" I nodded excitedly to see her. I waited for Dr.Adler to leave, I then stood and began walking to Shelby's room.

-

A/N

This is really short, and I know I suck at updating, sorry. I hope to have the next chapter up by Christmas. 

Have a good day! :)

-Andrea