Chapter 8

Shelby's Pov

Shelby's Pov

At Today is the funeral and I'm not actually that sad. My mom is still pretty sad and depressed but my grandma moved in with her so she wasn't lonely. For the funeral I picked out a black lace type dress with some jewel heart earrings a infinity necklace and some black heels. (picture above)

I had my outfit all laid out on my bed. I just stood there looking at it thinking about what would've happened if my dad didn't die. Would my mom still turn out becoming depressed, would my grandma still move in. Would my mom have become an alcoholic?? All of these things happened because my dad died.

I don't know if I miss my dad or not. He did help me through things when my mom wasn't there to help me. My mom used to always go out at night around 8 and comeback around 3 in the afternoon the next day. So it was always me and my dad for the days my mom went out. Anyways he is in a better place so that's good.

Max's Pov

When I woke up on the couch I thought Shelby's mom was waking me up but it was Ross. He was acting like it was Christmas. I think he's just excited to go home tonight. "max get up the funeral starts in less than 2 hours and nobody's awake."

After Ross finished waking me up and getting me to go to Ihop with him I went to wake up Shelby. When I got into Shelby's room she wasn't there. I checked her bathroom and her closet. Nope still wasn't there. When I came out of her room I bumped into Ross. 

Ross stared at me like he would kill me if I made one little sound. When he was done filling me in why I have to be quiet. He pointed into Shelby's mom room. Shelby and her mom were in her bed. And Shelby's face looked red like she was crying. All night!?!?!

When we found Shelby I was worried. Very worried what if her mom hit her. "max" "what?" "Let's go downstairs and make them breakfast." "okay"

When we got downstairs we started to make waffles, eggs, and some coffee for Shelby's mom and some tea for Shelby. When we finished making breakfast I started to hear footsteps and mumbling. I was on my phone so I looked up and Shelby and her mom were standing there. Just standing there. "Hey we made you guys breakfast." Shelby nor her mom answered they just jerked their heads towards me and gave me a death glare. "did you guys not want breakfast?" Instead of answering they just started laughing. Shelby was laughing so much she fell on the ground. "Thank you Max and Ross for breakfast." "Your welcome" Ross and I said in sync.

Ross's Pov

After Shelby and Brooke (I don't know her mom's name) were done eating and chatting they seemed so happy. I wanted to ask them about the funeral but I didn't want to ruin the moment.

When I got done getting ready for the funeral I started to head to Shelby's room to see if she was ready. But when I got in front of the door I heard small crys. I knocked on the door. "who is it??" "It's Ross" "You can come in" When I walked in Shelby was sitting on the floor with pictures of her and her dad all around her. I walked up to her and sat next to her and hugged her. I genuinely felt bad for her. I never really knew her dad. "Shelby it's going to be fine, don't worry."

Shelby's Pov

After Ross left my room I picked up the pictures put them back into my box and started to get ready. When I got in the shower I started to think to myself.  About my dad if I died would he have gone to my funeral??

After I got after the shower I went to put my dress on and jewelry. After I put them on I went ove to my suitcase and got my makeup bag. I put on some natural makeup. After I got done I went to put my shoes on. After I put my shoes I on I looked at myself in the mirror. "I'm ready" I said to myself.

Max's Pov

When we were all ready we started to walk to the church for the funeral. Half way through the walk Shelby stopped. She wouldn't walk so I picked her up bridal style and carried her the rest of the way. 

When we got to the church I put Shelby down and she started to walk to the doors. When the rest of us got to the doors we all went inside. Shelby and her mom sat in the front row and Ross and I sat in the 3rd row because we aren't immediate family. When the told Ross and I that Shelby looked back at me with a disappointed face. I wish I could've sat with her she seemed so sad. 

After the funeral we got into the limo their family rented and they drove to the graveyard. When we got to the graveyard we all got out and headed over to where the rest of Shelby's family is like her grandma and grandpa. 

When they got done burying him everybody started to head towards the car except Shelby when I noticed this I started to walk towards her. I stood next to her she started to hug me it was nice. "Max?" "Yes Shelby" "I love you Max" "I love you too Shelby"

THIS WAS MY FAVE CHAPTER!! BUT ANYWAYS THANKS FOR READING!!! BYEEEE!!! <3