Chapter 15

Shelby's POV

In a couple of days, we leave and I'm really sad about it. I wanted to stay for longer but we can't because Ross gets home soon and we don't have enough clothes and supplies to stay longer.

So before we have to start packing and stuff, I really wanted to go swimming in the lake. So I asked Max, Mia, and Kace if they wanted to go. Mia and Max said they would but Kace said no. I asked him why and he just looked at his feet.

Things were racing through my mind. Like can he not swim, is he scared of water or something? Did he not bring anything to swim in? I really wanted to know what was going on with him. I may not know him personally but why wouldn't he want to go?

As I tried to get his attention, more questions were starting to race through my mind.

"Hey Kace, did you not bring a swimsuit or something?"

"Uh, something like that. But you guys go on without me I'll be fine."

"Um, okay we will see you later I guess. Bye."

"Bye guys."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

While we were heading g to the lake, Max wanted to stop and take some pictures of flowers and animals and stuff like that. After about I would say maybe 13 minutes of walking and watching max taking pictures, Max turns around and I just here his camera go off.

I gave him a questioning look and he said. "I have to take a picture of you." "why?" "Because you are the most beautiful item here."

I'm pretty sure I just melted inside!