Chapter 18

~Max~

This morning when I woke up I went straight to the spot Ross told me to go to. Turns out he wanted me to meet him at a storage unit?? I started to walk inside the parking lot full of storage units. I was looking for Ross but I gave up after 10 minutes and just texted him. He said he was at the storage unit number 4783. I started heading towards the 4,000's and just as I was about to turn the corner to the 4,700's I heard a gunshot. Once I heard it I dived down and stayed down.

~~~~~~

I've been on the ground panicking for 30 minutes to 1 hr at the most. It's almost 4:30 pm and I tried reaching for my phone without moving a whole lot, but of course I can't so I just stay still. About 10ish minutes later I heard police sirens and then my phone started going off so I tried reaching for it again and I finally got it. It was Ross.

"DUDE WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU!?!?"

"I'm on the ground trying to be quiet and..."

"IS THAT POLICE SIRENS!?"

"If you can be quiet and let me finish I'll tell you"

(sighing)

"Okay explain"

"okay, so I'm at the storage unit place and I was about to turn the corner to the 4,700's and then I heard a gunshot so I dived down on the ground and I haven't moved since."

"What time did you get on the ground?"

"I don't know maybe around 230 or 3?"

"Okay well, I'll meet you back at the new spot. OK?"

"What new spot?"

"Check your messages"

"Okay but you're just gonna.."

"Byeee Max!!"

Wow okay. What a nice friend.

~Shelby~

I've been lying in my bed for maybe 4 hours just staring at the ceiling and thinking why everyone would ignore me. I haven't done anything wrong that I can remember. The last time I did something wrong or stupid is trying to go to the final harvest but that ended before we got there because Ross forgot to fill up the fricken gas tank. I should've just gone by myself.

If I have gone by myself we wouldn't have gotten stuck on the side of the highway for almost 9 hours. And I wouldn't have been freezing if I went by myself. And now I'm kinda regretting moving in with Max and Ross.

Maybe I should just move out.