25. Y U No Stay Away From My Boy?

Start from the beginning

"I know! I'm honestly not surprised that Tom is sneaking out."

"Yeah, I'd do it too. That bitch is scary. I absolutely hate going over there. I always feel like she wants to kill everyone that gets close, you know?"

"Do you think his sister got her crazy genes from her?"

Oh, so the mother was crazy. Like mother like daughter...

But was she crazy in the way that she was unnecessarily strict or was she like... actually crazy? Perhaps even mentally ill? As much as I loved putting people in their place, I wouldn't want to use something like that against Felicia. If her mother had a serious problem—which I doubted, but still—it wasn't any of my business.

Okay, so I needed something else.

Maybe I was targeting the wrong group. Maybe I needed to listen to what people from her own social circle had to say. She had a few 'friends' who followed her around, and they were the kind of girls who were too shy to stand up for themselves and preferred teetering behind a social queen like Felicia. Without her, they'd just be a bunch of irrelevant airheads with pretty clothes. That didn't stop them from gossiping just as much as anyone else though, and they were close to Felicia, so they could surely give me some useful information.

I pushed myself away from the wall and grabbed Gilbert's wrist to pull him along with me, before explaining, "I'm on a mission."

"What kind of mission?"

"I need Felicia to stop going after you."

"Oh... You know I don't—"

"I know, but it's annoying."

"Fair enough," he sighed. "It is pretty annoying, yeah. She doesn't exactly take a hint. She doesn't listen to me. At all."

"Right." I leaned closer and murmured, "So I'm trying to find something I can use to make her change her mind."

"Like blackmail?" he asked just as softly, and I shook my head.

"No, not blackmail." After being on the receiving end of blackmail, I'd never wish that upon anyone else. Not even Felicia, as much as I hated her. "I'm not just going to lay her shit out in the open. It'll be more like... a personal reminder. A confrontation, if you will."

"What have you got so far?"

"Not much. I have some ideas, but even if it's true, I can't use that..."

He nodded. "So now what?"

"I'm gonna try to get something from her friends. It might take a while."

"Well, there's no rush, right?"

"I would like to get this done before the name reveal..."

"Ah," he breathed out. "Right. Then let's go. I saw her in the next hall over with her friends like a minute ago."

"Ooh, nice work." I stopped walking. "Wait."

"What?"

"Why are you helping me?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I just... I realized that I'm basically going to spy on someone and you're just like yeah okay sure that sounds fun."

He grinned at me. "Because it does."

"Ah, I knew you were my boyfriend for a reason."

"Is that the only reason?" he asked with a pout.

"Well, I guess there are other reasons too."

To be honest, so far, I just hadn't found any reasons not to be with him. It was almost too perfect to be true.

A/N: yes I updated twice in 1 hour you're welcome