Chapter 25

The four main sides dashed up the stairs as fast as they could and towards Thomas's bedroom in order to save their host, who lay on the floor curled up in a ball, all emotion and energy drained from his body. They immediately swung open the door and ran over to Thomas in an attempt to comfort him. Patton was the first to try and comfort him, immediately pulling his host into a tight hug and tracing circles in his back soothingly. Thomas looked up curiously at the touch and his face lit up as bright as the night sky.

"Patton!" He exclaimed. "You're back!"

"Of course I am kiddo" Patton smiled softly. "You didn't think I'd be gone for long, did you?"

Peering over Patton's shoulder, Thomas immediately noticed the other three sides and his face only grew brighter.

"Virgil! Roman! Logan! You're all here! You're all okay! Oh I've missed you guys so much!"

"We've missed you too" Virgil spoke, a small smile creeping its way across his face. "How are you feeling Thomas?"

"Better than ever before" Thomas beamed brightly. "Now come here you three" He gestured for them to join him and Patton in their hug which they did without hesitation.

"Isn't this nice?" Patton observed. "The whole gang's back together again. And I have a feeling things are gonna stay like this forever"

"Me too"

Meanwhile

Deceit sat alone at a nearby Starbucks, staring at his drink blankly. He'd received a few odd stared from fellow customers, mainly concerning his snake like scales but he just ignored them, attempting to enjoy his own company. He couldn't deny how lonely he felt without the others but this was what he thought was best, for himself and for the other sides. When he was in the mindscape, he caused way too much trouble and no longer wanted to burden the other sides with his presence. Besides, they didn't care about him anyway. Isolating himself was the best solution.

Suddenly, his thoughts were interrupted by the door dramatically swinging open and a figure sassily strutting in and over to the counter to order his drink. Deceit was unable to take his eyes off of this figure. He wore a smooth, black leather jacket, a plain white t shirt and black ripped jeans. To top off his look, a pair of black, designer sunglasses rest upon his head. He was just so attractive to Deceit for some reason. Yet there was something oddly familiar about him. It wasn't until the figure turned around that Deceit noticed it. Him and the figure both shared the same face, minus the scales of course. This handsome figure was one of Thomas's sides!

Deceit was extremely confused to say the least. He had met every single side in the mind scape, both light and dark, but yet had never come across this stunning young man. As soon as the side received his drink, he noticed Deceit's shocked and confused expression and strutted over to him.

"Is this seat taken?" He asked as Deceit shook his head.

"No not at all. Here, you can take it if you want" Deceit immediately cringed over his choice of words. Why was he acting so awkwardly infront of this unknown side? He wasn't in love with him, was he?

"The name's Remy by the way. And yes, I do come from the mindscape just like you. I'm just never there. I just find it so boring over there. I'd much prefer to be out here in the real world" Remy spoke. Deceit was unable to take his eyes off of him, although he had no idea why. "You do come from Thomas's mind scape right?" Remy asked.

"Um yeah" Deceit immediately snapped out of the sort of trance he was in. "I'm Deceit by the way"

"Deceit huh? I've heard some very interesting things about you you know"

"You have?" Deceit asked, both nervous and worried about the sort of things circulating about him. "Good interesting or bad interesting?"

Remy took a sip of his latte before answering. "Both. But from what I've heard, I can tell that we're gonna get along just fine"

Hey guys. Long time no see (exactly a month. Whoops). Sorry for not updating this story in a while. I've just had a lot going on recently plus I've had a lack of motivation to update any stories. However, since I'm on half term for the Christmas, hopefully I should be able to update more frequently. So I just wanted to let you guys know that this is the last proper chapter of this book but I will be writing an epilogue soon, maybe today if you're lucky but probably not till tomorrow. Therefore, I will be posting the Depression drawings soon so if there are any last minute submissions, please let me know. Also, about a month ago, I asked y'all to vote on a new story you would like me to write and some of you may have already seen that the winning story was "Royals" and the prologue for that is already out so if you would like to check that out, please feel free to. So yeah. I'll see y'all soon in the last chapter of this story. Byeeeeeeee