Chapter 21

I'm finally back. Woohoo. Sorry for being gone for so long. I just had a lot of things going on but hey, I'm back. Long time no see. Thank you for all your patience. Now I actually know exactly what's gonna happen in the following chapters and I can confirm that the are only around 5 chapters left after this one so with a bit of luck, I should be finished by the end of the month or at least by the end of the year. So whilst I am sad that this story is coming to an end, I just wanna thank y'all for all your support. So without further ado, let's get onto this. This chapter is probably gonna be quite short

"Who on earth are you?" Roman asked, his voice oozing in confusion and fear even though he tried to keep his brave, confident act up. It was failing miserably. "And what have you done with Patton?"

"Has Anxiety not told you yet?" Depression pouted, kneeling infront of Roman.

"Told us what?" Logan enquired, his focus immediately  shifting from Depression to Virgil. "Virgil, is there something you wish to tell us? Is there a secret that you are keeping from us?"

"I-" Virgil began before being interrupted by Depression.

"Go on Anxiety. Tell them" Depression stood to his feet and stalked over to Virgil. "Tell them what he told you. Tell them"

"I can't" Virgil blurted out. "He promised me not to tell anyone and I don't break promises, especially not with loved ones"

"But he's not here at the moment. And he's never coming back. I'll make sure of that" Depression smirked. "So just tell them. What is there to loose?"

Virgil looked down, not removing his eyes from the floor as he spoke. "Patton's gone because...he is Patton" He mumbled.

"W-what?!?" Logan and Roman stuttered in unison.

"That side...his name's Depression and...well that's who Patton used to be. He told me before he turned back to Depression" Virgil explained. Roman and Logan's mouths were gaping black holes.

"I don't...I don't understand" Logan spoke up.

"You don't understand something?" Roman joked, attempting to brighten the mood.

"Now is not the time to joke Roman" Logan sighed, rolling his eyes.

"I'm sorry Lo. I'm just trying to lighten up the situation that's all" Roman explained.

"Well it's not helping" Logan commented.

"Well I know that now"

"Stop arguing!" Virgil yelled. "We do this all the time and it never gets us anywhere!" The two immediately fell silent and Virgil let out a sigh of relief. "We can't afford to keep arguing. It doesn't help at all. Just makes things worse"

"We're sorry Virgil" Roman appologised.

"When you three have quite finished talking" Depression interrupted, making a whip appear in his hands, "I'd like to have some fun"

Time skip

Depression had been whipping and torturing the other sides for what seemed like hours now. They were all covered in cuts and bruises and scratches and blood. Broken. That's what they were. And that's exactly what Depression wanted them to be. He took a step back, admiring his work before raising the whip above his head again, a wide grin painted across his face.

Throughout the majority of this, Deceit had been silently observing from the corner, refusing to help Depression. The truth was, he didn't entirely agree with capturing and torturing the others. Sure he may have tortured Patton and Virgil but that was to get his loved one back. But unlike Deceit, Depression seemed to be doing this just for fun. However, Deceit decided to keep quiet and let his lover do whatever he wanted, trying to ignore the part of him that longed to just spend time with Depression instead if watching him torture the others.

The more he watched, the louder the voice became. It started as a whisper but slowly progressed into a yell. A scream. He could no longer ignore it. It was far too loud to be ignored. He had to listen to it.

Just as the whip was being thrown down onto one of the sides, Deceit ran infront of it. "Stoooooooooooop!"

Well that chapter was terrible. I'm so sorry to dissapoint. Next one will be better. I promise. Anyways, I hope y'all enjoyed this terrible update. See y'all in the next one, hopefully tomorrow. Byeeeeee