Chapter 5

Virgil already knew what they were going to say and was absolutely dreading it. But he knew that there was no avoiding what was coming up next. Turning around, he called to Patton over his shoulder "Stay here. I have to talk to Logan and Roman. I'll be back as soon as I can"

"Oh ok" Patton smiled. "Bye"

Gently shutting the door bwhind him, Virgil turned back to Logan and Roman, who both seemed to be growing impatient.

"So, how can I help you two?" Virgil asked, trying to act as if he didn't know what was wrong.

"Deceit came to talk to us. He told us about your past, about how you used to be a dark side" Logan told him bluntly.

"Logan, you know Deceit lies,right? He just made that stuff up" Virigl lied as he rubbed the back of his neck nervously. He knew that it was already too late but he thought that he had to at least try and cover up the truth. 

"Virgil, I can tell fact from fiction and he was definitely telling the truth" Logan raised his eyebrow. "Why can't you do the same?"

"Fine" Virgil sighed. "I used to be a dark side. But I'm not anymore. And I was nothing like Deceit I swear" 

"You were a dark side and all you dark sides are exactly the same. Evil" Roman snarled.

"Not all dark sides are evil. I'm not evil. I would never do the things Deceit does, I promise" Virgil raised his hands defensively.

"Roman put the sword down" Logan sighed and, growling, Roman put his sword back by his side. "Why didn't you tell us sooner Virgil?" Logan asked.

"Because...because I was scared or worried or even anxious about what you guys would think of me" Virgil admitted. "And clearly, I had a reason to" He motioned towards Roman's sword, causing Roman to be filled with guilt.

"Sorry about that Virgil. I guess I just acted on impulse" He explained.

"Whatever" Virgil rolled his eyes. "I know that you two hate me already and probably even more now"

"What are you talking about Virge? We don't hate you" Roman told him.

"You don't?" Virigl asked confused.

"Of course not. We were just a bit shocked that's all. And I'm sorry for being mean to you or whatever. I just thought of it as "friendly banter". I never mean to hurt you. Hug?" Roman asked and reluctantly, Virgil nodded as Roman slowly wrapped his arms around him, Logan quickly joining.

"Thanks guys" Virigl smiled. "Deceit didn't tell you anything else did he?"

"No, he didn't get a chance to. We ran off as soon as he told us the first bit. Why? Is there something else you need to tell us?" Logan asked, pulling away from the hug and raising an eyebrow.

"Oh no. Of course not" Virgil lied. Of course there was more to tell them, loads more, there always his. But they struggled to accept him with just knowing one secret, let alone multiple. He quickly pulled away from the hug with Roman and looked at the two sides just standing there. "Just please don't tell Patton this. I'm waiting for the right moment to tell him myself"

"Oh of course not" Roman softly smiled at him.

Suddenly, a deafening, blood curdling scream was heard from behind them in Virgil's room. It was a million times louder than the first. Panic filled every single inch of Virigl's body as his breathing and heart rate increased more than before. Roman immediately drew his sword and stood in front of the other two defensively. He swung the door open to see that Patton was gone. In his place was a note. His hands shaking and sweating uncontrolably. Virigl picked up the note and quickly read it, a few tear drops running down his cheek and onto the note. It read:

So now your little secret is out and your precious little Patton is gone. If you ever wish to see him again, alive that is, meet me in my room at 1pm sharp. Be prepared to give up everything ~D