Chapter 3

Virgil darted towards Logan's room and practically banged on the door. He knew that he didn't have much time before Deceit tried to spill his secret to Logan so he had to be as fast as he could. However, despite his best efforts, he seemed as if he was too late. He heard voices from inside, and not just Logan's voice, Deceit's voice as well. No matter how loudly he banged on the door, Logan simply wouldn't open up. He was too busy listening to what Deceit was saying and he couldn't even hear Virgil.

"Logan, I know how you love knowledge, love knowing everything that goes on" Deceit's voice spoke, speeding up Virgil's breath and heart rate.

"Logan, open up buddy. I need to talk to you!" Virgil yelled but it was no use. Logan simply ignored him and continued to talk to Deceit.

"Yes I do, but I do not see why you needed to confirm that" Logan spoke with his usual monotone voice.

"Well I have something that I think you'd like to know. A little secret that has been held from you for far too long" Deceit's words were like poison to Virgil. Everything Deceit ever said sounded like a poison in disguise to Virgil. He desperately knocked on the door harder. 

"Logan, don't listen to him! Let me in!" Vigil yelled even louder but it was as if Logan couldn't even hear him.

"Go on. I'm intrigued. Just don't lie to me. I can tell lies from fact" Logan crossed his arms firmly.

Just as Deceit opened his mouth to speak, Virgil decided that he had to stop him. He swung the door open and burst inside. Deceit sharply turned towards him.

"Haven't you ever heard of knocking?" Deceit spat out, clearly irritated.

"I did. Like a million times" Virgil growled before taking in a deep breath, calming himself down. "You know what. It doesn't matter"

"Oh hello Virgil" Logan smiled, almost happy to see him. "What brings you here? How may I provide you with assistance?"

"Actually, I was here to speak to Deceit. I've looked everywhere for him and, well I heard his voice so I knew he must be in here"

"Can it wait? I was talking to Logan, telling him something very crucial" Deceit snarled.

"No it can't. See you later Logan" He grabbed Deceit's arm and pulled him out of the room, accidently slamming the door behind him.

"Goodbye Virgil" Logan called after him.

Deceit jerked his arm away from Virgil's grip. "Do you honestly believe you can beat me?" Deceit asked with a sneer.

"Well I already have, twice" Virgil smirked.

"Oh Anxiety" Being referred to as Anxiety sent a shiver down Virgil's spine although he managed to prevent himself from shuddering. Deceit began to circle him, grinning from ear to ear and attempting to intimidate Virgil, which he was successful at. "It's not as easy as you think. You may have forgotten this but I am more powerful than you. And I always win. So if you think that you can beat me, you'd better think again" And with that, he disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Virgil absorbed every single word Deceit said. Maybe he was right. Maybe Deceit was going to get his way and there was no way Virgil could stop him. But he had to at least try. He knew that Patton was up next on Deceit's list. This made Virgil panic. He knew that Deceit absolutely hated Patton's guts, maybe even more than he hated him. And since Patton was Virgil's boyfriend, who knew what Deceit would do to him, not just share Virgil's secret. He ran towards the kitchen but just as he was halfway there, he heard a deafening scream. And it was coming from the kitchen.