Chapter 20

Time skip

"What happened?" A tired voice asked from across the room. Looking up, Virgil could just about make out Roman's facial features in the pitch black darkness.

"Roman!" Virgil called out.

"Virgil?" Roman asked.

"Yeah"

"Where are we? What happened?" He asked with a tired yawn.

"Well," Virgil sighed, "we're in the basement. Deceit and..." Virgil contemplated whether or not to tell him about Depression. Would Patton want them to know? Patton told him not to tell anyone so he finally decided that it was a secret that he would have to keep. Even though Patton was gone, he still didn't want to break his promise to the man he loved. "Deceit brought us all here. I have no idea why though"

"Well it is most probable that he wishes to take control of the mind scape or requires us for some other evil scheme" A different voice suggested from across the room; a monotone voice that anyone could recognise.

"Logan?" Virgil asked, double checking that his assumptions were correct.

"Yes that is my name Virgil" Logan clarified.

"I thought you two were looking after Thomas"

"Well so did I" Roman sighed. "But I guess now we're not"

"Speaking of Thomas, where is Patton?" Logan asked.

"What does that have to do with Thomas?" Confusion was painted across Virgil's face, not realising how rude his question sounded. He did care about Patton, very deeply in fact, but was just confused.

"Well Thomas was acting rather suspiciously earlier and completely emotionless, not unlike myself. Roman and I both came to the conclusion that something must have happened to Patton as he is the source of Thomas's emotions. Could you possibly add to that theory Virgil?"

"I...I..." Virgil was stuck in the same position as earlier, unsure whether to tell them the truth which they deserved to know or to keep it a secret like Patton had requested.

"Virgil, is there something you're not telling us?" Logan raised his eyebrow suspiciously.

"I...I..." Yet again, Virgil struggled to find his words. What should he do?

"Come on Virge...spit it out" Roman pressurised him. "If you have anything that could help us, we need to know. You can't keep it to yourself"

"He's gone" Virgil blurted out. There was some truth behind that explanation but not all the truth. There was still a crucial part of information missing that he couldn't tell them "Deceit took him but I don't know where or if he's okay or if he's gonna survive or if we'll get him back or..." Virgil's breathing began to rapidly increase as his panic levels shot out of the roof. Although he knew where or who Patton was, he was still incredibly worried about him and whether he would ever get him back or not.

"Virgil!" Logan snapped him out of his thoughts "Take deep breaths in and out, like you often tell Thomas to do. In for 4 seconds, hold for 7 seconds and out for 8 seconds. Hopefully that should help" Without another thought, Virgil immediately followed Logan's advice and slowly calmed down. "Better?"

"Yeah I think so. Thanks Logan" 

"It was no matter. Now, we should probably work on finding a way out of here and rescuing Patton"

"There is no way out" Virgil sighed. "Trust me, I've tried. These chains are just too strong"

"Maybe I could create an object to help free us or something. You know, cause I have the powers to do that" Roman suggested.

"I highly doubt that will work as you will be unable to hold said object due to the fact that your hands are tied around your back but I suppose we could try your idea" Logan said in his boring, monotone voice. "After all, I am convinced that we have no other idea"

Suddenly, a dark, grey puff of smoke appeared in the middle of the room.  Both Logan and Roman gasped in shock and confusion but Virgil was so used to it that he had no reaction. As soon as the puff of smoke disappeared, two figures stood in its place, wide grins across both of their faces. Logan and Roman immediately identified one of the figures being Deceit but they hadn't the faintest clue the other one was. However, Virgil knew who it was far too well for his liking.

"Looks like you're finally all awake" The figure Logan and Roman didn't recognise smirked, his voice ringing out and echoing across the whole room. "Now the fun can really begin"