Chapter 14

"Why on earth do you have a grey swirl on your face?" Virgil asked, both anxious and confused.

"I don't know but it could mean that maybe..." Patton stopped himself in thought. It couldn't mean what he thought, could it?

"It could mean what Patton?" Virgil asked as Patton stared off into space, deep in thought. He gently grabbed Patton's shoulders, forcing him to look at him. "Patton, what are you thinking? What do you think it means"

"Virgil, I think I'm turning dark again" Patton told him as he stared right into his eyes. Virgil stumbled backwards in shock.

"No! You can't be! How?!?"

"Well how did honesty turn into Deceit?" Patton asked Virgil. "What did I tell you?"

"That he lied. But what on earth did you lie about? I don't get it" Virgil ran his fingers through his hair, a nervous tick he had when nervous or stressed out.

"For me, it's different because I'm morality, not Deceit. Instead of lying, I have to do something immoral"

"But you're the most moral guy I know. What could you have possibly done?"

Patton rubbed his chin in thought before it got him like a boulder. "I kissed Deceit"

"What?"

"I kissed Deceit" Patton repeated. "Didn't you see it?"

"Yeah but how is that immoral"

"Because I was still with you. I cheated on you"

"But you appologised almost immediately after. Besides, that was ages ago. Why would it just be showing up now?"

"It can take some time for them to show up" Patton explained as Virgil nodded. "Besides, maybe it's been here all along but we didn't see it because my hair was covering it"

"Wait so does that mean that Deceit is becoming good?" Virgil asked as Patton simply shook his head.

"No. It's been too long. His soul is too dark to go back. Besides, all his scales were still there"

Suddenly, the door swung open as a shadowy figure slowly approached them. To nobody's suprise, it was Deceit. As soon as he saw them free, he clenched his fist as fury burnt in his eyes.

"What are you two doing free?" He growled. Patton desperately tried to cover his grey swirl with his hair so that Deceit wouldn't notice it but this only brought more attention to him. Smirking, Deceit stormed over to Patton and grabbed his arm as he pushed his chocolate brown hair out of the way to reveal the grey swirl.

"Well well well , look what we have here" He grinned like a tiger stalking up on its prey. "Looks like you're not as pure and innocent and moral as you thought you were. Guess my plan is working after all"

"W-what's your plan" Patton gulped, shrinking down as he stared up at the intimidating man looming over him.

"You'll find out soon enough. For the meantime, you're coming with me" As his nails sunk into Patton's skin, Deceit dragged him across the room, ignoring his whimpers.

"Patton!" Virgil yelled as he ran towards them, attempting to rescue his boyfriend.

"Virgil!" Patton reached out his arm to grab Virgil's but Deceit clicked his fingers and Virgil was once again tied to the pole, only this time with metal chains binding him to it and a gag tied around his mouth so no one could hear his screams. As he struggled to break free, all he could do was watch his boyfriend be dragged away by his crazy ex boyfriend.

"Ta ta for now Anxiety" Deceit smirked before slamming the door shut behind him and Patton.