Chapter 9

Hey guys. I just wanted to quickly let y'all know that this chapter involves a lot of flashbacks/ memories so each time there is a different flashback or memory, I will be using this symbol *. Also, for a few of the memories, I may be including dates if they take place during a particular video but not all of them will include dates. Finally, this chapter will be a lot longer than usual, like 4 times the length (roughly 2000 words including this A/N). Anyways, enjoy

As Virgil began to tell Patton everything, memories started hitting him in the face, flooding his mind and with each word, it felt as if he was being drawn back into these memories.

Flashback

Virgil's POV

My eyes slowly opened as I looked around at my surroundings. This was all so new to me. I didn't know much about myself, except from the fact that I am part of this guy called Thomas's personality and I'm his anxiety. I have no idea how I know that but somehow I do. Glancing around at my surroundings, I noticed that the room I was in was dark and mysterious and had spider webs covering the walls. Suddenly, I heard muffled speaking from the other side of the door before it slowly creaked open and 3 guys, who all looked exactly the same, slowly entered. They must have also been aspects of Thomas's personality, or "sides" as I think he calls us.

One who looked like a cocky and arrogant prince glared at me before whispering to the guy next to him, who simply wore a black polo shirt and a neck tie, "So is this the new guy?" He wasn't the greatest at whispering because I could hear what he was saying.

"I believe so. I think he's Thomas's anxiety" the smartly dressed man replied.

"Ugh. Another nuisance then" The prince rolled his eyes and groaned.

"Hey! Don't be mean Roman!" The third man scolded him before approaching me and kneeling down next to me. This guy wore a grey cardigan wrapped around his shoulders and a light blue polo shirt. As soon as he smiled, I felt my heart flutter. "Hey kiddo!" He smiled brightly. "You must be new. Allow me to introduce everyone. I'm Patton, Thomas's morality. This is Logan, Thomas's logic" he pointed to the smartly dressed man, "and this is Roman, Thomas's creativity" He pointed to the prince. "What's your name?" He asked politely.

"Anxiety" I replied as I slowly edged away from him. I had major trust issues so although he seemed kind, I didn't trust him completely.

"No silly" He giggled. "I mean your real name"

"Not saying" I firmly crossed my arms. The truth was, I didn't actually know my name but I didn't want them thinking I was weird or anything.

"Oh okay. Feel free to tell us whenever you like! We'll leave you alone now to get used to your new room. Let me know if you need anything" With a warm smile still on his face, Patton quickly left, followed by Roman and Logan, gently shutting the door behind them.

Sighing, I flopped onto my bed. I could tell that Roman already hated me and that I wouldn't be well liked amongst Thomas and the others. Suddenly the door creaked open again and a new side approached me. This one seemed a lot different to the others and his appearance was slightly unsettling. Half of his face was covered in scales similar to those of a snake, he had a deep, violet scar across his cheek and one of his eyes was yellow. However, the other side of his face was completely normal.

"May I help you?" I asked, my arms still firmly crossed.

"You're the new guy right?" This guy asked me.

"Yeah. And you are..."

"Deceit" He bowed grandly, removing the bowler hat that rested in his head before fixing it back on.