Chapter 7

Meanwhile

Patton eyes slowly fluttered open as they darted around the room he was in. It was just a never ending room of darkness. He tried to move but he was restrained by something. He looked down to see a rope tied around his body and his feet. His hands were wrapped behind a pole that he was tied to and were bound together with the same rope binding his feet together and binding him to the pole.

"W-where am I?" He asked sleepily. No answer. He must have been alone. Suddenly, a door creaked open as he was blinded by a bright stream of light. From the light, Deceit emerged with someone slumped over his shoulder. Shutting the door behind him, he threw the person onto the floor before lighting a single candle and placing it on a windowsill, the window covered up by a blind. Patton made the person out to be his boyfriend Virgil.

"Virgil" He gasped before being able to stop himself. Deceit's head sharply turned towards him.

"Oh looks like you're finally awake" He smirked. Quickly standing Virgil against a pole similar to Patton's but the other side of the room and binding him to it using a rope, he slowly approached Patton, grinning widely like a tiger about to attack its prey. 

"W-what do y-you want?" Patton stuttered, trembling out of fear.

"Oh you'll find out soon enough my dear" He held Patton's chin up in his hand, causing Patton to flinch.

"P-please don't c-call me that" Patton gulped. 

"Why not?" Deceit pouted. "After all, you used to love it"

"Th-that was in th-the past. B-besides, I have a-a boyfriend. I-I h-have moved on n-now"

"Well you can't get rid of the past that easily my little pet" Deceit touched Patton's nose, causing vomit to swell up inside of him.

"Y-yeah but I-I've moved on now. I-I'm not the g-guy I used to be"

"Oh we'll see about that" Deceit chuckled slightly before removing his hand from Patton's chin and looking at his finger tips. "You know Patton, they don't care about you"

"W-who?"

"The others. The other light sides"

"Y-yeah they do?" Patton told him, although it sounded more like a question and as if he was trying to convince himself more than Deceit, causing Deceit to chuckle darkly.

"Oh please. They absolutely hate you. You're useless to them. Worthless. "You just stand there making your puns and are just needlessly silly all the time" Don't you remember that?"

"L-Logan didn't m-mean that. H-he apologised"

"Only because Thomas told him to. But he lied, and I would know, being the liar of the group and all. Roman also hates you because you stop Thomas from chasing his dreams, therefore making his job an absolute nightmare when you're around"

"No!" Patton yelled. "It's not true!" Tears ran down his cheek like a waterfall.

"And as for Virgil, well he hates you the most"

"No! Y-you may be right about th-the other two b-but not Virgil. H-he loves me" This only caused Deceit to chuckle even louder and even deeper than before.

"Oh please. Virgil doesn't love you. He never has and he never will. Why would he love someone like you? He just pretends to. He uses you to get what he wants but deep down, he hates your guts and wishes that you were gone"

"Please stop it!" Patton cried. "Stop telling me this! I get it! They all hate me! I've always had that thought at the back of my mind but now I know that it's all true! I'm worthless! Useless! Unwanted! Hated by everyone!" Patton's voice cracked with every tear that slid down his face.

"Well, not everyone hates you" Deceit smirked, realising that his plan was working perfectly.

"What do you mean? Of course they do"

"I don't hate you"

"You don't?" Patton asked, extremely confused. "I thought you hated me the most"

"Of course I don't hate you. You see, unlike Virgil, I actually love you. And I always have"

"Really?" Patton asked. It was clear that he was falling for Deceit's tricks and lies, except they weren't all lies.

"Of course I have and do!" Deceit knelt down and untied Patton's feet, then his hands and finally, untied him from the pole. "I'm the only one around here you can really trust. You're safe around me" He ran his face down Patton's cheek, giving him a false sense of calmness before pulling him into a passionate kiss. Feeling safe in Deceit's arms, Patton closed his eyes and returned the kiss. 

Suddenly, whilst still in the kiss, the two heard a gasp from across the room before hearing a familiar voice that belonged to none other than Virgil.

"Patton?"