Afterparty

Damon pulled out a storebought pie to end dinner with gusto.

"I may be a cook but I'm not a baker." He smirked, cutting it into pieces. I laughed, taking a sip from the wine.

"Trust me, I remember." He gave me food poisoning once when I was little for my birthday. I will never eat a cake coming from him ever again. He shrugged and dished it out. Elena just stared at her piece gloomy, ignoring any attempts of conversation. She mainly stared at her phone as if to make it ring through sheer force alone so she could leave. Oh well.  The night continued with an intense air hanging over us, as we finished up dessert. Elena left rather abruptly at the first chance, Stefan watched her leave with a gloomy look on his face. Damon and I exchanged a knowing look and took a swallow of our wine. 

"I think I'm going to head to bed." Stefan decided. He gave me a peck on the cheek before he grabbed a bottle of whiskey and headed upstairs. 

"Our poor boy has it tough." I sighed. Damon smirked and hip bumped me before leading me to the living room. I tossed my feet on the table from my place in my favorite plush chair. Damon rolled his eyes at my heathen behavior but he didn't really care. Or didn't trust himself not to break the newfound truce I drew. Whatever.

"What's going on in your life?" He questioned, looking at me curiously. I raised my eyebrow at his attempt at conversation. He sighed and looked up at the ceiling. 

"Yeah, lame startup I know. But we don't talk like you do Stefan and I used to know you like the back of my hand. And now I don't and I really don't like it." He pouted his lip before taking another sip of his wine. "Let's just start over, Tara. New slate, the both of us. Let's talk like we used to do." Heartstrings thoroughly plucked. Those words with his blue eyes staring into my soul had my chest hurting as nostalgia ran through my mind. Despite my words about my grudge and saying that my trust could be easily broken if they pulled another stunt on me, I really, really missed my brothers. Damon especially. My past partner in crime in all things pranks. I gave him a small smile and straightened out of my slouch.

"Tara Salvatore. Part hybrid, part freak, all naturally gorgeous. How do you do?" I leaned forward, stretching my hand out. He gave a small laugh and clasped my hand.

"Damon Salvatore. Vampire bad boy, at your service."

"You wish." I laughed and we fell into conversation like old times.

    ~outside the house ladida~

Elena growled in frustration as her car wouldn't start. Her night couldn't get any worse. First Tara with her Original groupies insulted her to her face in front of all her friends and when she asked her boyfriend to show a little support for her, he says he thinks they should go on break! After everything, they've been through?! And then she was practically forced to have dinner with the cause of almost everything going wrong in her life. ANd when she tried to stand up for herself, Tara freaking attacked her again! Elena flinched as she remembered how nonchalant Tara had looked when she tried to break Elena's hand. She truly didn't care if her bones broke or not. Damon and Stefan just watched too, not saying a single word as the blonde hurt her. That's when Elena realized that what Tara said was true. She had successfully turned the brothers against her. They would choose the freak over her. Elena hit her steering wheel with her uninjured hand and threw her head back, looking at the roof. Frustrated tears leaked out and traced a pathway down her face. Her heart was breaking while she was stuck outside while the people inside were being happy. It wasn't fair! She deserved a piece of happiness after everything she suffered through in the past few years and now it was taken away. A sob forced its way out and soon she was sobbing in the front seat of her car. It just wasn't fair. Once the tears ran out, and her breathing soon returned into calm breaths and she wiped her eyes. Sniffing, she tried to restart her car and grimly smiled once the engine turned over. Thank god. She reflexively checked the rearview mirror as she left the Salvatore driveway and slammed on the brakes. 

"Hello, Elena. I know it's uncouth of me to appear in your vehicle unannounced but I believe I have a proposition for you that you would enjoy. Can we talk?" Esther said cooly from her backseat. Swallowing harshly, Elena's eyes darted between the manor and Esther's eyes before the petty part of her came out and made her decision for her, tucking the moral part of her away.

"What do you have in mind?"

~like a week later?~

Elena pretty much ignored me after that dinner party. Whenever we crossed paths in town, she made a point to look the other way. It didn't really affect me much, but Damon and Stefan both told me how she was avoiding them as well, mainly Stefan. Caroline spilled to Stefan how angry Elena was at them for not standing up for her while I yelled at her for no reason. If Stefan and Elena weren't broken up then, now they definitely were. Oops. Rebekah was just full of glee when I told her what happened and she just laughed for hours at the situation I caused. It's not like I intentionally did it but everyone might as well blame me. I was certainly a catalyst. The story of my life, unfortunately. 

Everyone seemed on edge around me as Esther made no appearance yet, but more people were disappearing and apparently someone was trying to destroy the magic wards Klaus had placed on the house. Klaus was taking it the worse out of everyone I think. He was snapping at everyone, even me, and he had fits where he destroyed whatever he could throw when his hybrids turned up with no information. It was two weeks before Christmas and literally, no one was feeling the holiday spirit. I recruited Rebekah into being my little helper and I was on a mission. In the next two weeks, I would bring a little cheer to everyone I love whether it killed me or not. Christmas time was for happiness and I'd be damned not to try and lift the gloom that lingered around even for an hour or two. This Christmas would be one of the best ones yet! I smiled happily and pointed out a shop for us to try and find the perfect decorations for the manor. Tara pulled Rebekah into the store, unaware of the eyes following her every move.

_______________________________________________________________________________

It's short and sucks and like skips a lot, making little sense but it's here at least. Happy Holidays, Y'all

Also, I got my eyebrow pierced and I think it looks super cute. Hurt quite a bit though lol