Freedom!

"Tara, what are you doing?"

"What does it look like?" I said idly as I moved my foot lazily as it hung over the railing of the balcony. It was a pretty day and I was laying on the railing for the outdoor balcony. Sure it looks too small for me to keep balanced but surprisingly it was easy.

"Well don't come whining to me when you fall off and break your neck." Rebekah said snobbishly as she laid down in a chaise lounge and pulled out a magazine.

"Wasn't going to." I scoffed and continued soaking in the sun. We kept quiet in a companionable silence with the only noises from Rebekah turning pages before she got bored of that.

"Okay, I'm bored. Get up, we're going out." I sighed and turned my head to look at her.

"Going where? In case you haven't noticed, we're kind of under house arrest with the threat of your crazy mother out there." She rolled her eyes.

"We'll stay in town then. I just need to get out and have fun. Don't tell me you dating my brother ruined all your funness."

"That's not even a real word." I scoffed but relented after she stared at me expectedly.

"Fine." I drew out as I slowly got up to sit upright. She smiled brightly as she clapped her hands.

"Brilliant!"

"Where are we going then?" I hopped off easily and followed her out.

"No idea yet, but I need fun. Maybe by bothering that annoying doppelganger some. That never fails to make me happy." She said cheerfully as she walked down the stairs. Kol looked up from his place of lounging on the couch and raised an eyebrow.

"And where do you think you're going with our little prisoner?" Rebekah rolled her eyes. 

"None of your business, Kol." She snapped and started to tug on my wrist to pull me away. I gave him a helpless shrug and he smirked, speeding in front of our exit.

"Now Rebekah. You know it is my duty as your older brother to stop you from recklessly endangering your life, and more importantly, Tara's. " She glared at him.

"Stop being a twat. You're only saying that because you have nothing else to do with your lousy life."

"Why Rebekah! Where's all this hate coming from?" Kol mock gasped, placing a hand on his chest. I kept quiet, wanting to see where this would go.

"From you being annoying! We've been stuck in this house for a whole week and I'm sick of doing what I'm told like a child! And I'm sick and tired of seeing your stupid face whenever I want to go out and have some fun!" She snapped and kicked his shin hard. My eyes widened at the sound of bone cracking. This wasn't going to end well. I hurried between the two, separating them before Kol tried to lunge at his sister.

"Chill out! Both of you!" I demanded, casting my best Elijah face at them. They huffed but lost the vampire look they both had gained in anticipation of the fight. "Rebekah, as much as I loved that, it really wasn't needed and Kol, please stop taunting your sister. Now can we please just go out and do something fun instead of fighting, as amusing as that is to watch?" They both rolled their eyes but nodded, Rebekah more grudgingly than Kol.

"Finally! Now Kol, what do you think we should do, because all Rebekah wants to do is taunt Elena and I want to have fun?"

"Actually that sounds like a great idea! That doppelwrench has been avoiding me since that unfortunate event that you created." He said cheerfully. I snickered, remembering both of their horror struck faces after the kiss. 

"Then let's go before Elijah or Nik comes back." Rebekah urged and pushed us out the door.  Kol took the lead and headed towards his car. Rebekah sped towards the passenger side door and gave me a smug look before getting in, leaving me to get in the back. I rolled my eyes good naturedly and kept quiet, scooting to the middle so I could still see everything. He sped down the roads so recklessly, I had to hold the seats in a death grip so I didn't get slung this way and that way! But regardless, we got to the town square in minutes since it was the weekend and we figured that would be where she would be if she wasn't at Damon and Stefan's. And since i got a text from Damon a few minutes ago, it was safe to presume she wasn't there. I stumbled out the car on unsteady legs as Kol and Rebekah remained unaffected.

"Who the hell decided you should be allowed to drive? They should be fired!" I groaned out, trying to stay upright. Kol just smirked and put his arm around my shoulders to guide me to the Grill.

"You're crazy love, if you think I need permission to do what I want. " He said, lip curling in distaste. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Oh yes. How could I forget how you're a big bad Original who does what he wants." I teased, digging my elbow in his side. He growled at me and I just giggled. Rebekah sighed at our antics.

"Children." She snipped.

"Oh, are you turning into Elijah now? I mean, I always knew you were bit of a man but-" She cut him off by lunging at him as he laughed and easily dodged. I started to laugh as Rebekah was getting more and more frustrated about how she couldn't land a hit on Kol as he kept mocking her. As this was happening, a sweet smell came with a small breeze and my laughter died slowly as my nose scrunched up. It was a sickly sweet smell that I only could identify as the smell of the other type of vampire. They looked at me as I went quiet with a confused look. I tapped my pointed tooth before looking around, trying to identify the cold one. They straightened up as well, not understanding what I meant but understanding enough to be wary.

"Yeah, I think we should get something to drink. It's almost winter but it's so humid today. I think we need a couple cold ones right now." I said casually, putting my hands in my back pocket, trying to look innocent. The siblings understood now as they smirked at each other. The excitement at the prospect of a fight lit in both of their eyes and you could definitely see the family resemblance at that moment.

"That sounds just fine, darling." Kol said cheerfully as he casually spun on his foot.

"Not the Grill though. I'm tired of the same old, same old stop. Let's find something new." Rebekah complained, her eyes darting to and fro across the crowd.  I nodded and we mimed looking for a cafe or something of the sort. Kol let out a sharp exhale and grinned wildly.

"I think I found just the place. Some girls last week told me about it." He wrapped an arm around each of our shoulders and started us in a new direction. The smell got stronger and I had a hard time keeping a straight face. You think I would've gotten use to the smell, seeing as I had my family in the dungeon area but this was somehow worse. It was just so potent and it almost triggered my gag reflex. Once we got near the area where he saw them, he sped towards them and clutched a cold one by his throat and held him against the wall. Rebekah took care of the other one in the same manner and gave him a beautiful smile. I quickly looked around but there were only those two.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" Kol taunted, flicking the Volturi medallion hanging from his victim's throat. I crossed my arms, frustrated.

" Again? We can never just get a pleasant afternoon without something popping up, can we?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Ello again! Sorry it took literally forever but life is busy. That's a lie, I just didn't have any writing motivation. That depression hits hard though lol. Sorry. But I did do a lot since last update, to name a few from just the last couple of months; got asked out by a boy (still don't know why), went to prom, became gf to the dude, made some fantastic memories with the squad, GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL, broke up with the dude because I didn't feel anything for him in THAT way :( , signed up for college, celebrated my 18th birthday, got registered to vote and opened up checking accounts so I have like actual checks etc etc. Jesus. Isn't it crazy how I started this in middle school and now I'm going to college??? Lol, I'm dying inside :) :) :)

Tara- lol R.I.P

Me- oh shuddup. You don't have to worry about college and actual universities that would put you in debt for the rest of your life if you go, and being a fresh noob in the world of adulthood

Tara- blah blah blah. I get that real life is hard but all you do is whine and stress

Me- it's all I know how to do so fight me

Tara- okay, let's go!

Me- I was just kidding!!! Stop walking towards me with that creepy smile!!! Help!

(Please comment and love me. I need to feel validated today ;-;)