How are you alive?

Klaus POV (ohmigawd!)

"Yes Rebekah." I answered my phone, annoyed. She and Tara have been gone for hours but I knew they can take care of themselves. Well Rebekah can.

"Niklaus." Rebekah stuttered. It's clear she has been crying. Immediately I went on big brother mode.

"What is it? Spit it out sweetheart." I said in that impatient way of mine.

"They staked her!" She cried. I picked up my keys and started to walk to the door.

"Staked who?"

"Tara." I cursed under my breath. Of course it was Tara. Bekah wouldn't get all emotional if it were anyone else.

"Who did it?" I demanded. Rebekah drew in a deep breath.

"The Salvatore brothers and the stupid doppelwrench. She saw it coming Nik. You could see it in her eyes. And she tried every way to get out of it. Honestly she did. But they just held us back and let that idiot push the wood straight in her heart. After that they snapped my neck and disappeared." She told me crying.

"Calm down little sister. I'm at the Grill." I said soothingly.

"We're in the alley." I blurred over there and stared at the scene. The idiotic trio were nowhere in sight. Lucky on their behalf. But Tara's body was. She laid in Rebekah's lap as my sister cried over her. There was a giant piece of wood sticking straight out of her chest and blood everywhere. But it didn't have the effect on me as it usually did. When she was alive her blood was hypnotizing. The smell was.... so tempting. But now it was dead. No smell at all. Very peculiar. I had to look away at the sight for a moment. Those brothers are going to pay big time, especially since they known her secret. What I don't understand is why this happened. Even though Tara was 'mad' at them she still spoke about them with a trace of fondness.Rebekah looked up at me, her face as white as a bed sheet.

"They just staked and left Nik. She told them they were as bad as the Cullen's. Who are they?" I sighed and crouched down beside them.

"They were her old family. They kicked her out when she was just a child after ignoring her for most of her life." I explained. She nodded and started stroking Tara's hair gently.

"What do you propose we do?" She asked quietly. I shrugged.

"Take her back to the house. We can decide then." I answered in a detached voice. She nodded and lifted her up. I stared at the body in distaste and yanked the stake out.

"That's better." I nodded and held onto the stake. We can use it on the brothers later. Rebekah bit back a sob but carried onto the car quietly. After she gently put her back she came up front with me. The ride was a quiet one except for when we were near the mansion.

"How can they do that? To see the fear in her eyes but continue on like it was nothing. They said that she was their sister but they let that b*tch stake her anyways." She said angrily. She hit her leg hard enough to make the bone crack a bit. I looked away quietly. 'I basically did the same thing' I thought to myself. Rebekah caught on and looked up fast. Damn her freaky instincts.

"Not like you Nik. You had a reason. You had to protect us from Mikael. And you didn't kill us permanently." She said hurriedly. I nodded and got out the car.

"Let me." I motioned to Tara's body. She looked at me in surprise but nodded and blurred to the door. I shifted Tara comfortably in my arms. She barely weighs a thing, I noted sadly. Wait, why am I sad?!? Grr. How is it possible that this little girl managed to weasel herself into our feelings. Especially since we have been emotionless for centuries. Its... unsettling. And she only knew Rebekah for like a day and my sister is hysterical. That is also highly unusual. Usually she'll just shed a few tears and accept it. But not with Tara. Hmm...