Part 15: Kili

I was afraid. Jamie had been selected out of the group and her fait was unknown. She stood tall and kept her footing. My heart lurched suddenly and I couldn't take anther second of it. I tried to run up to her, but Fili grabbed both my ams and held me still. I looked at him in disbelief. He would just let her die? Who knew what this goblins were capable of! And he stood their.

   She looked back at me, eyes pleading for help. I struggled more but it was no use. She looked back in front of her, leaving me to watch in fear. The goblin king was loud and everyone could hear his part of the conversation. But she kept her voice look and ladylike.

      Within a minute she was lifted into the air and tossed towards the group.Uncle took her harshly and nearly shoved her into me. I took her in my arms and tried not to cry. Her chest heaved harshly against mine and her breathing was all over the place.

    She hugged me back and tried to calm herself a little bit. The 'king' laughed and I winced. One of my hands was wrapped around her waist and the other was wrapped across her shoulder blades and tangled her hair. My grip tightened in fear.

    People had started to move about but I didnt care. Not until Jamie was torn from my grasp. A goblin had her by the wrists and pined her to the floor of the bridge.

    Then light flooded in the dimly lit cave. I couldn't hear anything. Then it faded and an echo rang out across the caves.

I sat up weakly and looked around. Everyone else was jumping to their feet. I was a little dizzy but I followed their lead carefully, taking up my weapons and fighting.