Part 2: Jamie

I roll over and slightly open my eyes to a room flooded with light. I groan and pull the soft sheets over my head...'Wait I fell asleep onto of all my bedding...' I thought to myself a little confused. Still under the blanket I move to run my hand through my short boy-ish-ly cut hair. " Oh my good god..." I whisper feeling my hair, which was now tied up into a messy bun on top of my head. I hadn't experienced long hair since I was three, and I had forgotten how heavy it made my head feel. I sit up fast and throw the blanket off of me," uuuuummmmm... This is not my room..." It was slightly smaller than my room; a small desk is placed agenst the wall in front of me with a large window right above it. A dresser with a vanity looking area atop it was to my left with a long standing mirror next to it. To my right there is a night stand next to me, as well as a large bookshelf and a few beanbag chairs also right under a window. The walls were painted beige With green vines and leaves scattered around. It took my tiered mind a few minutes to realize that they weren't real, but just painted on as well. Small pieces of sketch paper which had been seemingly ripped out of a book were taped up all over the walls. I was surprised when I saw that they were my drawings, as if I had drawn them and hung them up.

Continuing to look around the room some new items caught my attention. A katana blade, a bow and quiver of arrows, a few sketch books, a few photos of my friends, and the book. It was the only thing that seemed to stay still, because it was still on top of my bedding. I sigh and stood up seeing that the basketball shorts and ' Panic! At The Disco' shirt (which was a few sizes to big) pulled over my slim figure.

"Jamie? Are you up yet?" A males voice rang through the door, startling me. I cautiously walked towards the door. Opening it I see a man about my height, smiling at me. " Oh thank goodness! Jamie, I was starting to worry!" he exclaimed wrapping his arms around me in a hug; which I was hesitant to return but told myself to 'suck it up'. " U-um who-who are you?" I ask pulling away from the little man." Oh haha you are so funny, my dear. Now could you help me please? We need to go to the market and get something for breakfast." He says smiling, as he grabs his pipe. I nodded. From the way it looked outside I didn't need to dress warm. Running back to the man I see him holding the door for me. I quickly thank him before gasping. The man looks at me funny asking," What?" I furrow my eye brows and try not to laugh, a smile breaking out across my face. " um, did you forget to put shoes on or something?" He looked at me like I should have already known the answer to my own question. " Jamie, you already know thi-" " Well then tell me anyways." I cut him off knowing he wasn't gonna answer. " I am a hobbit, or as some call us, halflings; and we don't wear shoes." He said rolling his eyes and putting his pipe back into his mouth." O-ok.." I quietly say as my eyes wander down the gravel path we were walking. People or I guess ' hobbits' smiled and waved at me happily as we walked but I couldn't help becoming self conscious about my cloths and hight. I was about an inch and a half taller than everyone I saw, not to mention my ' Panic! At The Disco' t-shirt stood out and drew attention to myself.

Entering the real world once again I figured I'd ask some more questions. " Are you my dad?" I ask the halfling, causing him to smile. " No Jamie, I'm not." ' How do I tell him I have no clue who he is?' I mentally screamed at myself. "Hello Mister Baggins!" Another hobbit says as we walk by, " Jamie." He says as he nods his head slightly at me. I simply smile and wave back murmuring to myself 'Baggins...' as a way to try and remember his name. " So,another question. How did I get here?" " I'm gonna guess you wanna hear it even though I have told you many times before?" I nod my head vigorously and he laughed. " Ok, ok. One night there was a knock on the door. I got up and answered it but there was no one in sight, that is until I saw you. You were in a small box wrapped with blankets and I knew I couldn't just leave you there so I brought you in; and you grew up in the shire. We looked all over for your family but never found them." He finishes his story and looks up at me; and I'll have you know that was a first. " Welp that answers that question..." I murmur still not understanding fully. The rest of the walk, as well as breakfast was quiet with just little conversations about things like the wether.