Part 8: Kili

Panic instilled in me as Jamie went unconscious, her head falling to her right shoulder and her eyes lulling closed. The troll that held her threw her off somewhere behind him and advanced toward us with bags. Before we knew it we all had a sack of our own, except her. She laid still in the grass a few feet away from me. I called for her but got no response. And as if this day wasn't going bad enough so far Master Baggins got up and told the trolls that I and my family and friends all were infested with worms and parasites!

     A troll had lifted Jamie up again by one of her booted feet and almost ate her. I struggled to stand up but failed. The instant that the troll understood what might be in her organs he threw her against the ground, hard. She whimpered as she landed laying across me and Balin. "We don't have parasites!" I shouted at him, only to be hit hard in the back of the head. Suddenly it clicked. I instantly called back with the opposite opinion felling bad for being so upset with him.  The trolls were put off for a moment but no longer than that, but we were so lucky that Gandalf just so happened to be there the moment we needed him.

     He shouted as he struck a rock with his staff. It broke down the middle and as the daylight flooded through it shined upon the creatures and turned them into solid beings of mere stone. One by one he untied us and helped us up onto our feet. I crawled over to where Jamie lay on her side and shook her lightly. She stirred but didn't wake. I sat down next to her and pulled her into my lap, laying her head against my chest and stroking her hair. All other conversations seemed to fade, and all that mattered was the thought that hopefully she would be ok.

     I remembered her singing earlier this morning and remembered her powers. I had forgotten about them for a moment when she and Bilbo were caught. It gave me an idea...

"Lay down your head, and I'll sing you a lullaby

Back to the years of  loo-li lai-lay

And I'll sing you to sleep and I'll sing you tomorrow

Bless you with love for the road that you go,"

    I sung as I slowly rocked back and fourth. It was an old song that my mother used to sing me and my brother to sleep with. It's much slower paced than most of the other songs we sing, but I still loved it.

"May you sail far to the fields of fortune

With diamonds and pearls at your head and your feet

And may you need never to banish misfortune

May you find kindness in all that you meet,"

    As I finished singing the second verse the same thing that happened when she sang happened. Warm colors and shades of blues, purples, pinks, and yellows danced in front of her sleeping form. I watched as she ran down what seemed to be an old wooden bridge, smiling happily.

"May there always be angels to watch over you

To guide you each step of the way

To guard you and keep you safe from all harm

Loo-li, loo-li, lai-lay,"

     She smiled in her sleep, and the four or five year old her looked over the edge of the bridge. The child had a look of wonder as she pointed and squealed, and a small fish could be seen  below the bridge. Then the vision blurred. It changed to a thirteen year old her,  and she was sitting in front of the beach. She had a suit on that followed her figure carefully and a sketchbook in her hand.

"May you bring love and may you bring happiness

Be loved in return for the rest of your days

Now fall off to sleep, I'm not meaning to keep you

I'll just sit for a while and sing loo-li, lai-lay,"

      She put put her sketch down for a second and starred at the rising sun. I was a little confused as she took up a small box in her hand, and even more when it lit up. The did something on it before smiling and setting it down. Standing up she took in its place a giant pice of wood. It was about her hight and width and paint covered it and made it look beautiful, and with it she walked to the edge of the water.

"May there always be angels to watch over you

To guide you each step of the way

To guard you and keep you safe from all harm,"

      I finished the song but still hummed lightly as I watched her enter the water. She inhaled deeply before smiling and placing the wood into the water. After steadying it and placing a black wrap around her ankle she climbed on and onto her knees. She paddled for a while before a huge wave of water came barreling towards her. She didn't look afraid at all though and instead stood up. I watched from the shore as she followed it all the way back until she fell, but she was up again within a second. Her long hair was sopping wet and sticking to her as she climbed back on and was about to swim out again.

   Only for her to shriek and sit up in my arms. She looked at me and calmed slightly and then smiled. With a sigh she murmurs, "That was a little scary." I furrow my eyebrows, " The trolls or riding on a wooden thing in a giant body of water?" She looked at me like she couldn't decide between being just as confused or laughing. "Wait, were you singing to me?" She asked smirking. I blushed and nodded a little.

     She opened her mouth to speak but then there was a sound coming from the bushes to our left. We both stood and joined the company. Neither of us were prepared to see another man with a hat similar to the wizards, but that was the least of our problems. A warg scout jumps from the trees, and I shot it the moment my eyes focused on it. Ori rushed to tell us that the ponies had scattered, and were defenseless for the most part.

     "This sucks," Jamie states as she throws her hand up in the air before letting the weight of gravity pull them back down to her sides. Everyone looked at her like she was insane, for no dwarrowdam would act like this...only she wasn't one. She was a hybrid. And I was not gonna lie, she was the most beautiful one there ever was in this moment. I gazed at her intently, just incase this was the last time I would get to. Orcs, at least from the tales I have heard, are dangerous. I was worried, but when I thought about her memory of the water and the sky I knew. I needed to know what happened and I wanted to see more memories.

    Preparing my bow again I put on a determined face. This was either going to go well...or awful.