Part 12: Jamie

I looked up at the sky and smiled. The sun shone in beautiful hues across the sky, and the birds sung happily. My bag bounces lightly at my side as I walk down the trail with Kili.

I was sandwiched between him and Bilbo. The walk today was long, and the scenery changed often. Which helped my mood a little. The company seemed to be in an over all happy mood, too.

About three or four hours into the walk my head started hurting. It pounded and my ears rang loudly. I stumbled as I counted to walk down the now rocky path. A warm hand found it's way between my shoulder blades.

"You alright?" Bilbo asked softly. I furrowed my eyebrows at him, trying to get my eyes to focus on the small figure in front of me. I gave a weak nod, turning back around. Kili made his way up the line, leaving me with Fili.

A few drops of rain fell gently onto the ground creating a soft pitter patter. If only it had stayed that way. It took about three minutes for the rain to come poring down on us. Every step I took echoed in my head, and I cringed as my heavy clothing chaffed against my skin. It was like swimming in in a snow suite. AKA not the best feeling under your arms and around your legs.

The rain hurt too. It was like little bullets flying at your skin. I was sure I'd have a few bruises after all this. I could hardly keep my eyes open.

People had began yelling, but it was muffled to me. Suddenly a few stones fell and Bilbo was less than an inch away from falling into the ravine. Dwalin grabbed him by the hood and puled him back towards us. Then proceeded to grab me by the wrist and walk me harshly towards him, throwing his arm across me and protectively keeping me and Bilbo away from the edge.

Then Balin pointed towards something in the distance. A rock the size of Texas came hurdling towards us. I gasped at what I saw next. A stone giant. It stood tall and in the thunderstorm and was horrifying. Another rock came flying at us.

Rocks started falling from above me, and I yelped. Kili's head turned in my direction instantly. Maybe it was a little louder than a yelp, my head was muffling every thing... And then I heard it.

Fili called out loudly for his brother. I pushed out of My little spot and rushed towards him. The rock in-between him and his brother had split. Fili looked at me in shock, taking my hand and pulling me into him. My back pressed to his chest. His breaths were all over the place, and his heart pounded hard against my spinal chord.

I looked up at him, seeing only ocean blue eyes filling with an ocean of their own. Following his gaze led me to his brother across from us. Kili's eyes were also flooded, as well as all of fear and worries. I knew that look all to well. It was the look of panic that settles in when you realize that you are without your big brother. The look had been plastered onto my face a few times too.

Ki's steps faltered when the stone began to move more.

"Kili?" I called, reaching towards him. His lip trembled and he reached out too, until the rock jolted him away.

Then we were thrown to the left. Thankfully half of the company climbed onto a safe, unmoving rock. The other unlucky half of us though, were smashed into yet another wall. Fili took the hit, slamming into the sharp stone. The wind was knocked out of him, and he wheezed heavily.

The giant we stood on stood slowly. Fili tightened his arms. One around my waist, the other wrapped from under my arm, across my chest, and to my shoulder. the stone giant threw a punch at the other giant, but missed epically.

The other was throwing punches within a second, although it didn't seem to miss. We were slammed into the wall with a loud echoing thud. By instinct my arms flew to cover my face, and Fi ducked his head into my neck. His face was cold pressed against my warm skin, and I worried he would get sick.

Pushing my arms away I saw yet another rock flying at us.

"OH COME ON! NOT FUCKING COOL MAN!" I yelled at the rock giant. Throwing my hands out exasperatedly, pulling to get out of the dwarf's iron grasp I gave in with a sigh.

Then, with one last punch, our giant gave out. Collapsing epically to the ground. We were coming dangerously close to the side of the ravine, and I was afraid. I turned towards Fi and hugged him. I looked back one last time, and then buried my face into his fur coat in fear.

Screams of pleads could be heard as we thundered into the canyons wall. The ground shook, and I was paralyzed. I stayed still not letting go of the person in front of me. I was trembling, and cold, and to afraid to open my eyes.

Was I...dead?