Part 1: Jamie

"JAMIE!" My friends call me from down the hall. " Wait up Jamie. You might be the shortest eighth grader I've ever met, but you hold the record for being the fastest still." Donna states as she catches with me. Turning my head and pulling out one of my ear buds I smile at her. Her shoulder length blonde hair bounced as she happily walked along next to me. " Oh and lets not all forget, she is also the strongest and most  mysterious one in our little friend group." Avery says walking up on the opposite side of Donna. He pulled of his gray hat and shoved it into his bright orange coat pocket and running a hand through his short light brown hair. " Oh shut up!" I say smirking at them slightly. " You guys are assholes!" Just then another friend ran up in front of me, Lynnea. " Dang, no need to get all sassy on us!" Donna glare at me. Showing me her signature smile. I glare at her with all my strength. She only laughs as I mutter," Wipe that smug little smirk of your face shorty!" She looks at me with a pouty face, " Hey don't play that one with me! Im taller then you!" I groan and roll my eyes as she walked up to me pushing Donna lightly out of the way before slipping her hand into mine.

I hade no idea why she did this but she did it very often; so often I just didn't ask about it and let it become a habit. "Awwww! Is Lynnea Crushing on little Jamie? Thats adorable!" Teranin says happily, slamming her hand into my back in a friendly way. " N-NO! WH-WHY WOULD Y-OU EVER S-AY SOMETHING LIKE THAT!" Lynnea practically screams down the hall. " Yeeeaaaahhhh! Thats totally the vibe i'm getting! And the bright pink honey glow in your cheeks is totally proving you're point!" Skyann yells suddenly showing up in front of me. Her short black hair was pulled back into a pony tail but it was to short and just looked like something was growing out of her neck. I laugh and simply keep walking. " Oh, Jamie!" Lynnea said beside me shoving something heavy into my arms. " I got this for you!" She said proudly before Teranin grabbed her by the arm and pulled her away saying something about being late to a class and how all this lovey-dovey stuff was giving her a headache. I chuckle and wave to my friends before parting with them and heading to my locker.

I unlock and open the bright purple door and slip my books inside. " Hey what's that?" The boy next to me also putting his books away asks gesturing to the heavy gift Lynnea had given me. Looking down at it I noticed the bright blue wrapping paper and orange bow it was wrapped in. "  I have absolutely no clue..." I murmur gently," Well then go on and open it! I wanna see what it is and I don't got all day!" The boy says. " Wow wow calm down geez dude...and its ' I don't HAVE all day'. I say as I rip the wrapping paper. A gasp escapes my lips when I saw What it was. Four books, all of them leather bound and in a case. " Oh well thats lame!" The boy said walking off to his class. I pull out the first book and look at the seam which read ' The Hobbit'. I turn it and look at the front where I saw a tree. It was painted a shimmery gold but the dim, flickering light above my locker did not do it any  justice.  Quickly grabbing the rest of my stuff I slam my locker closed and walked to the first class.

The rest of the day was long and uneventful, that is until it was time to head home. On my way out someone behind me called out," Hey I think this is yours!" turning around I instantly wished I hadn't.  " Cristian , Tyler." I say putting on a fake face. Slowly I walk up tho the two figures while studying them intently. The two tallest boys in the entire school. Christian always wore nike shirts that framed his slim figure , and his dark brown hair shaved into an army style cut. A bright neon green baseball bat handle was sticking out of his backpack, and the pockets were stuffed with all different types of empty energy bar wrappers.

" This is yours right?" Tyler says motioning to a book in his hands. Noticing the gold tree on the front I gasp and quickly grab it from him. " Yes, yes its mine." I sigh and turn around to leave when Christian calls," Wait! Jamie, who are the sons of Durin?" Stopping in my tracks I murmur," I have absolutely no idea...why?" Rolling my eyes and getting tired of this conversation and not wanting to miss my buss." Open the book to the first page..." Sighing I decide to do it any way. My eyes widen as someone had written in the book, but it couldn't have been one of my friends. The styles didn't match. " ' The sons of Durin await your arrival my dear Jamie'". I read the note out lout to my self, " Um...I don't know any 'sons of Durin'..." I say mostly to myself but the boys heard it too. "wellp they know your name and are waiting on you, shorty." Christian says smirking," You'd better not leave 'em hangin dude!" He turns and looks out the window to see his buss pulling away." NO- um see you guys later I- uh I kinda gotta go!"  He says sprinting past the both of us," Come on Tyler, lets not be late too." I say grabbing his hand and pulling him into the buss.

I sit down in the back mostly because my sixth grade sister always sat in the front with her friends and I was not in the mood to talk to her...honestly I never was. " Hey Jamie, if you ever find out anything about this 'Durin' and his sons let me know!" Tyler says sitting down next to me. I smile at him and nod my head pulling on my hat and putting in my ear buds.  When the buss finally stoped I mentally prepared my self before slinging my sky-blue and black backpack onto one shoulder and getting of the buss.

I only had two escapes from the world: reading and talking to my twin brother, Connor. He lived with a different family for reasons that would be to difficult to explain but when he did come back it was amazing. he would sit in my room with me and talk about life, and hang up new pictures and posters. I don't know why but when I am with him, I am a completely different person. A person who smiles and laughs and actually is truly happy. I just wished there were more people like him I the world. But all this was beside the point. Coming back to real life I realized I had stoped and was stationary right outside my door. Taking one more deep breath I open the door the exactly what I figured I would: yelling.  The only one who noticed I had even walked in the door was the dog, Copper. " Hi buddy! Whats up?" I ask him crouching down to pet the spaniel's soft dark brown hair.  The eight month old puppy licked my hand before whining and looking afraid. Most likely all the yelling was scaring him.

Scooping him into my arms and quietly grabbing something from the pantry for the two of us I headed up the stairs and into my room. Copper quickly found my reading nook in the corner of my room; which was made out of many blankets and a couple of beanbags. Within five minutes he was snuggled up and fast asleep , leaving me all alone and bored. Playing some music on my phone I grab my sketchbook and start to draw. My drawing was of a short  man who had long dark hair, which was odd for me because had never drawn anything like this. Some how this image came to my mind when I started to draw. I had never seen him before but at the same time I knew instantly what his outfit looked like; his eyes were an enchanting brown and his smile was charming. I smile slightly and the drawing before closing the sketch book. Listening intently I was able to recognizes that the raging word war downstairs still hadn't ended, and quickly changed into something comfortable to sleep in.

Flopping down onto my bed I look over at my bedside table, seeing the book I had set there when I got home from school. Copper jumped up on my bed and snuggled up to me as I gently run my fingers over the gold paint. I rest the book on my stomach and closed my eyes thinking about the note inside. 'Who exactly were the sons of Durin?' Was the last thought I had before I drifted out of consciousness.

(A/N)

SSOOOOO uuuhhh.... yeah first update! I know this was supper lame and stuff but it was needed for the rest of the story to play out the right way.

welp thats it, bye