Part 14: Jamie

I slowly opened my eyes to darkness. It was cold and the ground I laid on was hard. I rolled over and pulled the coat across my body up to my chin, breathing in the scent. It smelled like Kili and it made me feel safe.

Being reminded of him I propped myself up on my elbow and examined the cave I was in. All the dwarfs were sleeping, or so I thought. On second glance I noticed Bofur sitting by the entrance. Bilbo suddenly stood up and walked towards the same entrance.

I was a little hurt that he would try and eave without me. Someone shifted behind me, causing me to slowly roll over . I was met with Thorin's form, laying awake and looking into space.

But then something changed. Thorin's blue eyes shifted and he shot up.

"Wake up!" He shouted, alerting the company.

The ground rattled and then shattered right down the middle. I yelled as I fell from my laying place on the ground. I held his coat close to my chest and tried not to scream. I was tossed into a heap of little men as I hit the floor. It was like a giant slide, propelling us all forwards. This cavern was bigger, and lit by what seemed candles or firelight. Although it was still dim.

Then we were all flung into a small cage sort of thing. I wriggled in an attempt to free myself, but to no avail. Then came a series of 'look outs!' and ugly little hunched over things ran towards us. The filtered through the group and separated us. I was shoved about, from dwarf to dwarf until finally one of the things took me by the waist and yanked me down the path.

It reeked, but I didn't have time to complain. The path way led out into a more open area. It was like the things that lived here had created a little town.

I was so focused that I only noticed we had stoped when one of the beings took my bag that had somehow ended up on my shoulder, and threw it over my head. It then proceeded to toss all my weapons to the floor, and no mater how much I struggled I couldn't stop it.

" Who would be so bold as to come armed into my kingdom?" I whipped around and faced the voice, but regretted it. It was like the others only bigger and if possible even uglier. "Spies? Thieves? Assassins?" He boomed, quieting the crowd.

"Dwarfs, your malevolence." One replied. I grumbled and slouched my stance. The bigger being questioned the smaller, and then shouted out orders.

The order to search us was given, and I felt my hood being yanked back. I was searched and then the room fell silent again.

"What are you doing in these parts? Speak!"He shouted again. No one replied. "Very well. If they will not talk, we'll make them squok." he turned to face the creatures, and they cheered in excitement. He called for them to bring up what sounded like toucher devices and then said something that angered me.

" Start with the youngest!" He pointed towards Ori.

" You don't touch him!" I yell, voice cracking, as I make my way to the front of the group. "Wait!" Thorin's voice stoped me in my tracks.

"Well, well, well, look who it is. Thorin, son of Thráin, son of Thrór! King under the mountain. Oh! But I'm forgetting you don't have a mountain! And you're not a king, which makes you...nobody really."

"How dare you," I growled and sent daggers at him through my eyes. He ignored me, and continued the one-sided conversation with Thorin. "I know someone who will pay a pretty price for your head. Just a head, noting attached." His kind all laughed under their breaths. "Perhaps you know of whom I speak? An old enemy of yours. A pale orc, astride a white warg."

"Azog the defiler was destroyed." Thorin mumbled back. " He was slain in battle long ago."

"So you think his defiling days are done, do you?" The thing leans into Thorin's face, and I cringed as I stood right to his left. " Send word to the pale orc. Tell him, I have found his prize." He laughed maniacally.

Then he turned to face us again.

"You! The pretty one!" He pointed to me, and then gestured for me to come forwards. My eyes widened and my breathing was all over the place. When I didn't move, he ordered the other goblins to basically drag me out into the open. Kili stood a few feet behind me, and put up quite a fight. I looked back at the company hopping for help, and finding none. Fi held his sibling back and tried to calm him, but Kili only gave him a horrified look.

The thing stood and walked around me, looking me up and down. I grew uncomfortable and blurted, "What do you want with me?" He chuckled, "I just wanted to see your boyfriend squirm." He said, taking my face in his hand and lifting me a little off the ground. The men behind me shuffled, but before action was taken he tossed me back into the group.

Thorin lifted me off my feet and placed me once again next to Ki, who enveloped me into a hug. He hugged me tighter when the creature laughed at the show of affection.

The so called 'goblin king' had started singing about all the ways we should die about four minutes after the conversation as he had us all walked along the bridges again, but then one of them unsheathed the king under the mountains blade. The one he had found in the troll cave.

With screams they jumped around and all I could hear was 'kill them! kill them!' It wasn't the most reassuring. I was wrestled to the ground, and prepared to die at any second. And then their was light. It shined brightly, and almost every noise was muted.