Part 4: Fili

I Stood near the hallway. Close enough to sing along and see my brother. It had literally been two hours and they were like best friends. She was a lot like him. We were all part of the burglar conversation, but only Gandalf, Thorin, and I knew of Jamie. Thorin hated the idea of a teenaged girl joining the company, and had refused to let her come...until tonight. Which confused me a lot. The thought of having a friend around to hangout with made me happy. Kili got along great with her, but I was slightly afraid they would become more than that. It wasn't jealousy but more the thought that when death came, heartache was not something that you wanted to add to the mix.

It hd grown late and most of the company had their bedrolls out. Of course the only ones up besides me were Jamie and my brother. They were laughing and talking when suddenly Jamie said something to Kili, causing him to smile up at me. Realizing that I had been staring I figured that was it and I looked away blushing. " Um, Fili?" A soft voice whispered. It was definitely Jamie," Yeah?" I say looking up into her green orbs. " Do you wanna have a slumber party with us? It'll be really fun!" She says smiling that contagious smile of hers." Yeah why not." She grabs one of my hands and Kili gabs the other, pulling me to her room.

About an hour later we all came out with crazy hairstyles. Kili had Jamie's old style, a messy bun with little braids here and there. She had a very messy braid that went around the side of her head before being pulled into a long curly ponytail. I had a braid that wrapped around my head, with little flowers weaved onto it. Jamie was last to get her hair done and by the time I was done with hers she had fallen asleep. She sat cuddled against her soft headboard; Kili had his head in her lap and had the rest of his body pulled close to her sitting form. Pulling a blanket around the two of them I turned of the light and left them alone.

" Where is you're brother?" Thorin asks sitting up slightly as I walked into the room, sitting on my 'bed'. "He fell asleep in Jamie's room. They're all snuggled up like they've known each other for years. It was just so cute and innocent I couldn't push myself to wake him up." I say laughing. Thorin sits the rest of the way up and laughs with me." Why did you decide to let Jamie come?" I ask looking my Uncle straight in the eyes. "Well you were there when he said that her magic would be very helpful, but  when you were gone he also said that you and my other nephew needed more friends...He also said that I needed to get used to girls being around. Because as you can most likely see, I am a failure at talking to them." He said with a smile. I smirk up at him thinking about earlier this evening, and what had happened. " I don't have nieces. I have nephews... I am not cut out for females." He states looking at his lap with a smile.

" I think Kili may already have a soft spot for the lass." I say attempting to break the comfortable silents. " Really? Thats why he hasn't left her side all night....literally?" I laugh and nod," He's not to good at hiding it is he?" Uncle smiles at me. " He is lucky." I say looking sadly at the ground. " That is if they actually do fall in love."  Thorin quirks an eyebrow at me. "And why is that?" I look at him before looking back down." It sounds nice to be in love. And I guess... to actually love the one you are betrothed to. " Thorin looks at me sadly. " You are worried that you won't find your one? I understand, arranged marriages always made me cringe when I was your age. Ruling will be easier for you if you have a queen by your side." He says gesturing towards me." What about you? Have found you're one?" I ask tilting my head a little, looking at his face. The firelight shone  on half of his features, but the other side was dark and mysterious. " No. I have not. If she is actually out there, she is hiding...quite well." We both laughed and continue talking until eventually we fell asleep.

(A/N) hhheeyyy.... that ending was really crappy but I needed a way to end it fast sooo uuuhhh yeah...bbbyyyyyeee.