Part 7: Jamie

I followed Bilbo through the woods drawing closer to the camp with each step. The creatures, or trolls as Fili and Kili called them, were large and loud. They smelt awful and were very unaware of the things going on around them.

With the little hobbit beside me I crouched down and before either of us were mentally prepared we had stopped in front of the ponies. Bilbo crept alone next to the 'cage' of sorts and shushed the animals. He picked up a bone but dropped it instantly after, and the discussed look on his face caused me to snicker. He looked back at me with a glare like fire, and I instantly stoped. A sudden glimmer caught my eye and Bilbo had the same idea as he stood and reached for the sheathed blade hanging around one of the troll's waists. He was inches away before the troll stood and with a panicked expression he dropped back down. We waited and just as he went for the blade a second  time the creature reached back and grabbed him.

I shrieked as a freakishly large hand wrapped itself around my small waist and I was lifted into the sky. The trolls talked among each other but I wasn't focused on that, mostly because I was being held inches away from one's face. " I got a pretty one!" He called to the others as he held me out to them. They all looked at me and my eyes instantly wandered to Bilbo who was scrambling to get up off the floor. " I'm a burglar-a hobbit!" He said gathering the attention of the trolls. "A burglar hobbit?" One of them spoke, looking confused. "Can we cook 'em?" The one holding me asked. "We can try!" Another spoke.

They all reached out and attempted to catch him, but they missed. I was afraid of what might happen to us if he did get caught. And sadly he did. He was yanked up off the ground by his legs and I let out a yelp. They instantly questioned him, trying to find out if there were more small beings to eat. I began to grow upset with myself for being stupid enough to get pushed into the woods by two boys, thinking we could ever save the small animals. Bilbo denied the fact that there was a company of dwarfs close, and just as he spoke Kili came charging out of the woods and slashed at one of the creature's leg.

It yelped and Kili spun the weapon in his hands before yelling, "Drop them!" I didn't know wether to be mad at him or happy to see him, but a smile spread on my face. "You what?" The troll questioned. "I said, drop them!" Kili repeated with confidence. Within a second the hobbit was thrown into the woods and I was thrown into Kili. He put his arms out to catch me and we landed in a tangled mess on the floor.

"Thanks." I murmur with a smile as I push my long hair away from both of our faces. I grab the sword that he once held and stood up, charging at the trolls. My confidence grew as I saw the other dwarfs fighting alongside me. I spun the sword around and sliced violently at them as they each tried to pick me up.

Noies to my left caught my ear and I turn to see a snot covered Bilbo had saved the ponies. I smiled and wave at him. He did the same but the smile faded as I was picked up from behind again. I groan loudly and whisper, "not again," to myself. Bilbo scuttled back to the company looking at Thorin as if he could somehow help. I close my eyes tightly not ready for whatever was about to happen.

"JAMIE!" My head shoots up and I see Kili being held back lightly by his uncle. He, his brother, Ori, and Bilbo had a look if fear in their eyes. But the rest of their expressions simply showed annoyance. The worst part was that the look was mostly directed more towards me and not the trolls. "Lay down your arms!" Shouts a troll, as he slowly tightens his grip around me. It got harder and harder to breath until I couldn't, it was then that Thorin threw his sword to the ground. The rest of the company put theirs down also, My vision started to grow blurry and my head felt light. Then everything went black...