Part 3: Kili

We had moved into the dining room and we were talking about something. I personally didn't know, I was zoning out. If I told you Jamie wasn't on my mind I'd be lying... big time. She didn't seem to care what everyone thought of her. Like the way her hair was thrown into that but with little braids; It was beautiful and it looked like she didn't even try! When she smiled at me! Holy crap I swear I melted a little inside. Coming slightly out of my zone I see her standing behind me and my brother. " Hey do you wanna sit?" I whispered to her. "There're no more seats.." She whispers back. I scoot over in my chair making room for her. Patting the spot I smiled at her to see if she would smile back. When she did my heart nearly skipped a beat and blush crepes across my face as she sat down; her arm pressed slightly agents mine.

Fili smirked at me most likely seeing the blush on my cheeks before saying," We may be few in number, but were fighters. All of us, to the last dwarf!" He yells hitting the table. Jamie had turned her head to look at Fili as he spoke and now her face was less then an inch away from mine, not to mention covered in blush. Realizing what we were talking about I try and help prove my brothers point by saying, " And do you forget we have a wizard in our company! Gandalf will have killed hundreds of dragons in his time!" She tilted her head slightly while while looking at Gandalf with questioning eyes. Gandalf started to protest when Dori asks," How many then?" Gandalf stutters out a," What?" Before Dori stands up and restates his question." How many dragons have you killed?" When Gandalf gave no reply he called back," Go on! Give us a number!" At this the entire table stood up and started yelling. Jamie stayed down on her half of the seat looking terrified. Thorin yells and everyone sits down immediately. "If we have read these signs do you not think others will have read them too?Rumors have begun to spread, the dragon Smaug has not been seen for sixty years. Eyes look east to the mountain assessing, wondering, weighing the risk. Perhaps the vast wealth of our people lies unprotected, do we sit back while others claim what is rightfully ours? Or do we seas this chance to take back Erebor?" Every one gets exited until Balin speaks. " You forget! The front gate is sealed! There is no way into the mountain!" Gandalf smiles," That, my dear Balin, is not entirely true." A smile crept onto my lips and Gandalf held up a key. " How came you by this?" Thorin asks quietly." It was given to me by your father, by Thráin; For safe keeping. It is yours now." Thorin takes key and examines it for a minute. " If there is a key, there must be a door." Jamie laughs lightly at Fili's statement and looked like she was thinking about something. Hearing Gandalf's voice she shot her head up to look at him. Her beautiful green eyes shimmered I the dim light. I was paying just enough attention to hear what Gandalf said. " Theres another way in!" Me and Jamie say in sync. I laugh lightly and she blushes. Well, if we can find it, but dwarf doors are invisible when closed!" Gandalf says with a sigh. " The answer lies somewhere in this map and I do not have the skill to find it, but there are others in middle earth who can." He spoke, looking a Thorin for, almost approval.

A few minutes later the contract is given to Bilbo and I think Jamie, but I wasn't entirely sure. I will admit I felt slightly lonely when she left my side. Resting a hand gently on his arm she peers over his shoulder reading it in her head as Bilbo talks to himself.
" INCINERATION, HECK YEAH COUNT ME IN!"Jamie yells squatting slightly and fist bumping the air. the entire company laughed at her childish instincts. " Incineration?" Bilbo asks concerned, " And no Jamie you are not going!" Me, Fili, and her made pouty faces." Oh yeah, he'll melt the flesh of your bones in the blink of an eye!" Bofur says cheerfully. Bilbo folds part of the contact back up and looks at the ceiling taking deep breaths." You alright lady?" Balin asks concernedly, " Y-yeah, I feel a bit faint..." Bilbo rests his hands on his knees and Jamie's eyes flash with fear. "Think furness, with wings!" Bofur says standing up. Jamie laughs at his horrible effort to help. " I-I need air..." Bilbo looked panicked," Flash of light, searing pain, then POOF you're nothing more then a pile of ash!" Jamie gets into a fighting stance holding her hands out to Bilbo. " Are you in, or are you out?" She asks looking hopeful. "NOPE." He says before falling to the floor. "Ummm...Jamie, is that supposed to happen?" Ori asks worriedly, Jamie, who hadn't moved from her fighting stance looked shocked. "To be honest, I have no idea." She says standing up straight and shrugging.