Part 5: Jamie

So, I awoke happy and warm. I tried to move but couldn't, arms were wrapped tightly around my waist and someone was laying in my lap. Opening my eyes slowly I see Kili snuggled up to me. Blood rushes to my face and I was so glad he was still asleep. Looking out my window I realized that it was almost time to go."Kili? Bro we need to get up, its almost time to leave." I whisper pushing some of his hair out of his face. I laughed realizing that it was still in the bun from last night. " No...five more minutes....I'm comfortable here." I sigh and get up gently removing his arms from my waist. Silently I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a container filled with scones.

    After handing them out to the rest of the company I walk back towards my room. Kili was now sitting up and rubbings eyes. "Hey, you want one?" I say handing him a scone too. "Yeah sure. Thanks, Jamie." He quickly took it from me and blushed looking down. I figured he was just embarrassed about last night and this morning. We eat in silents and then grab our stuff. "Wait!" I yell as Kili was about to leave the room without undoing his hair. "You might wanna the this out before you just walk out in front of the company." I say chuckling slightly and reaching up to take the hair tie out of his long hair. "Do you want me to put it back the way it was?" I ask walking behind him as he nodded. Putting it half up as fast as I could and couldn't help but laugh. "Whats so funny?" Kili turned his head to look at me. "I was just thinking about how fun last night was!" I say smiling a him before putting my hand atop his head and turning it to look forward again. "Ok lets go." I say slinging my bag around my shoulder and putting my hand on his shoulder. With a smile he follows me out of the room and into the entryway. Taking a deep breath I run my fingers over the painted walls and take one last look at the little hobbit hole. Allowing one tear to fall from my face I duck my head under the small frame of the door. Kili opens he gate for me with a smile before putting his arm around my shoulder in a comforting way. "It'll be ok lassie. You will see your father again." I sniffle and nod, this felt odd to me. Andrew did this so often, and I despised it. Altho now that it was Kili....It wasn't so bad.

    Bofur helped me up onto my horse and we were off. The shire looked a lot different along with the thought that I was leaving. We had gotten about five minutes away from Bilbo's home when someone called for us to stop. The brightest smile crept onto my face when I released that it was actually him. Being to exited that he was coming I completely spaced on the conversation and was just happy he was coming. Thorin gave the order to give him a pony and we started up again. I rode up ahead with Gandalf and so did Bilbo. Small bags of coins were being thrown about, causing me to laugh. "What's that about?"Bilbo asks curiously.

      Gandalf goes on to explain about the bet hat the dwarfs had made as I slowly space out. Just looking up at the sky and humming, trying hard not to just start singing. "You were the shadow to life did you feel us? Another star you fade away." I sing under my breath,"Shout out to y ex! You're really quite the man! You made my heart break and that made me who you are." I smile to myself just singing whatever lyrics came into my mind. "Where are you know? Atlantas, under the sea, under the sea. Another dream, the monster 'runnin wild inside of me. I'm 'faden." I close my eyes tiredly as it was really about eight in the morning. "I live my days as if it was the last, I live my days as if there was no past. Doin it all night all summer, doin it the way wanna." I sing slightly louder, a smile growing on my face until I hear Kili behind me.

" WOW! THAT'S THE COOLEST THING EVER!" I shoot my eyes open and turn my head to look at him to fast that I most likely gave myself whiplash. I swallow hard and my eyes widen, and blood rushes to my face. "Aw! Why did you stop? It was cool!" He complained giving me a pouty face. "U-um what exactly did you see?" I ask avoiding eye contact with the young dwarf. " A little boy with blue hair holding a little brown dog. He was running around outside. Then there was this...thing. It was dressed in shadows and its face was horrifying. It jumped towards you right after I said something..." He murmurs looking down. I laugh figuring the way I got scarred when I realized he had seen me caused it. "You scared me thats all. It was just fear." I say shrugging," But you CANNOT tell anyone about this ok?" I say now slight happy we were in front. My horse had started trotting and we were to far up the trail for them to hear us, which I had done since starting to sing. " So thats your magic?" He asks tilting his head slightly, looking at me with his big beautiful brown eyes. I figured he wouldn't have feelings for me but that didn't stop me from blushing.  "Um, yeah. Thats part of it. I have other magic too though. I just have never told a single person." I look down at my lap, " Could you do it again?" He asks as a smile spreads across his face. "I don't know..." I say, mostly due to the way I had a deadly fear of singing it front of people. "Please? You're really really good!" I glare him,"One does not simply, beg me to do what they want." He looks at me confused, while I just burst out laughing at the meme I had just quoted ( see what I did there!!!!!). "Ok Ok, fine I'll sing." I sigh deeply.

"She works the nights, by the water

She's gonna stress, so far away from her father's daughter

She just wants a life for her baby

All on her own, no one will come she's got to save him

She tells him 'oh love no ones ever gonna hurt you, love

I'm gonna give you all of my love

Nobody matters like you'

She tells him ' your life ain't gonna be nothing like my life

You'e gonna grow and have a good life

I'm gonna do what I've got to do'

So rockabye baby, rockabye

I'm gonna rock you

Rockabye baby don't you cry, somebody's got you

Rockabye baby, rockabye

I'm gonna rock you

Rockabye baby, don't you cry

I'm gonna rock you

Rockabye baby, don't you cry rockabye, no

Rockabye yeah oh oh."

    Connor runs around us, he was about four years younger than he is now. By the looks of it he was chasing a little blue butterfly. I laugh realizing that it was the butterfly he had found at the park one day years ago. Me and Dad sat at a small bench, I remember him running up to us and then the thought plays out in front of me. Tears in his eyes all because a scraped knee and the loss of a little woodland creature. That little memory was the entire reason that he had dyed his hair cobalt blue last month. Kili smiles and laughs still looking in at the scene in amassment.

"Now she got a six-year-old

Trying to keep him warm, Trying to keep out the cold

When he looks in her eyes he don't know he is safe when she says,

'Oh, love, no one's ever gonna hurt you, love."

The line reminded me of when I had gotten home a few nights ago. Actually of all the nights I came home from school, altho some were worse then others. Some nights there was hitting and slapping, others involved me locking myself in my room. Would just sit and sob for hours. The cuts covered my wrists and forearms but no one seemed to notice at all, so it just continued. Reading was an escape as well as singing, but when stuff like that happened I could only think of songs that would make it worse.

"I'm gonna give you all of my love

Nobody matters like you'

So, rockabye baby,

Rockabye I'm gonna rock you

Rockabye baby, don't you cry

Somebody's got you

Rockabye baby, rockabye

I'm gonna rock you

Rockabye baby don't you cry

Rockabye."

Blushing madly I look at him, altho he only stares at me in return. " That...wow." I sniff and blink to remove the tears welling up in my eyes.  'He probably hates me now. He can't even express to you how weird and freakish you are!' My mind scolds me for ever making this decision. "Where did you learn to sing like that? It was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard." he had openly spoke and blushed at himself. "I have no idea. I just always could. I'm glad you see it like that, normally people think of it as freakish. It's like a curse, I can't tell anybody...well I told my half brother but that doesn't count." I say looking up at the storm clouds moving in over head. "Well I for one think its cool. Does the image change based on the song and memory?" I nod still looking up, but now smirking. "KILI!" A familiar voice called behind us," Yes brother?"Kili called back with a sigh and a rolling of his eyes. "Master Baggins needs his child back." Fili said now coming into view." Oh, ok. Bye guys." I say almost whispering as I turn around and head back to the rest of the company.  The brothers following far behind me back to where they were before.

Bilbo needed absolutely nothing from me. He just ' didn't know were I was' or something stupid like that. I spent the rest of the walk with him and Gandalf mostly in quiet with some occasional some small talk. I was mortified, what if Kili hated me? Should I have told him? Or was I over exaggerating and he was still going to be my friend at the end of all this? I didn't know but just the thought scared me.