Part 9: Kili

The walk was extremely uneventful. Jamie walked behind me and my brother and talked with Ori most of the time, so yet again I was left with my thoughts.

I thought about a lot of things. About the journey I was on, about my home, about her and her magic. I was still confused about what it all meant, but I couldn't ask her in front of the whole company, as I was the only one who knew. I wondered what everyone would think of it though. They would either love it and ask her to sing more often, or she'd be thrown out of the company.

I looked up at the sky, which could barely be seen through the crack in the cave walls. It was about noon and we still didn't know where we were going. Altho, I got the idea thad Gandalf knew something about it. Every once and a while Jamie and Ori would turn to look at him and make conversation. He would laugh and then he would smirk like he didn't have a worry in the world, and knew that we would be ok.

Jamie laughed suddenly at something someone said and it echoed around me. Her laughter was intoxicating and everyone smiled. Me and Fi looked back at her with big smiles.

"She's so innocent," Fi states sending me a glance," You wouldn't even know that she almost died today." He laughed a little, but a stern look over took my face when I remembered. I brushed the thought off and looked back up at the sky.

" You do know staring at the sun won't make it move any faster?" My brother nudged my arm a little with a smirk. "Yeah, I got that." I murmured as I looked back in front of me. " Just more to look at up there." I say quietly, almost so that no-one could hear. looking ahead of me all I could see was the backs of the people in front of me, and I got tired of that.

The rest of the time I just hummed to myself and walked in silents. We got to the end of the tunnel at about sunset, and as we spread out across the cliff awe spread across the company. There, with the sun shining onto it perfectly, was Rivendell.

"It looks like something out of a book," Jamie states coming up behind me. "It's beautiful." She whispers gently. I turn to look at her face as it drank in every detail of the palace laid out in the rocks ahead of her.

"The valley of Imladris! In the common tongue it's known by another name..." Gandalf says with pride as he walks up next to Thorin. "Rivendell," Bilbo spoke, as he looked out at it. "Here lays the last homely house east of the sea." The wizard says, altho we were all a little to shaken up to reply.

I watched as Uncle stormed up to Gandalf, fury in his eyes. I wasn't close enough to hear the argument, but me and and Jamie snickered at how Bilbo looked uncomfortable in the situation. He glanced back and fourth and Jamie couldn't control the laughter any longer. It flowed out of her and a smile once again spread across her face. She leaned against me lightly, her hand resting on my shoulder as she re-gained her breath. I blushed when she did, but soon enough she let go and we continued walking down the beautifully carved bridges.

At the end fall the bridges was a large circle platform. I stood there for a moment, taking slow steps I took in the plant vines growing up the sides of the pillars. They were enchanting and beautiful.

"Wow, look at all these vines! It's like they have there own christian Minecraft server or something!" Jamie says laughing a little. She looked up at me. "Oh! Sorry, that was a bad joke, you probably didn't get it." She says laughing again. " No, I really don't...but you could explain it if you want." She smiles and takes a breath. "A vine is like, a short funny video. Everyone says that 'Vine is dead', but that doesn't mean its not funny anymore." I furrow my eyebrows," A video? Who killed it?" She facepalms. "No, silly! It's not like that!" She laughs taking my hand in her smaller one. She was about to say something else before she was silenced.

We turned our attention to the stair well where an elf now stood, speaking with Gandalf. I couldn't understand it, and got lost in the other language. They soon changed the topic to a person. Altho I didn't have though time to remember is name, as soon a horn was blown and horses flooded around us. Grabbing her by the wrist I pulled her into me and huddled into the group. I drew my bow and put a fierce look on my face.

She put her hand between my shoulder blades to steady herself and stood on her tip toes to see about all the commotion. The horses and their elvish riders circle us a few times before coming to a halt. They continue to speak to Gandalf until their leader turned to Thorin.

Dinner had been offered to us, and we gladly accepted the offer. That is until it was served. We all complained about there not being any meet, and how there was only vegetables. When Ori said something like 'have they got any chips?' Jamie who was to my left choked on the juice she had jus drank and had a coughing fit from laughing so hard.

After a few minutes everyone was quiet again, listening to the music being played. I looked across the room at an elf maiden and smiled at her. It hardly got a response, but at least I tried. I felt like I was doing something bad, doing that with Jamie right next to me. Like I was betraying trust, even though she didn't show any sign of that. So yet again I brushed it off an looked at the people sitting around me, starting to make conversation.