Part 6: Kili

The rest of the way I stayed back with my brother, we talked and laughed like usual but I missed Jamie. She kept glancing back at us and I made an effort to smile back every time.

Eventually we stopped for the night. Just in a small cave in the middle of the woods. It was cozy and the fire kept us warm enough. Jamie sat on the floor by the fire opposite to where I was sitting. We made jokes and laughed. We were actually having fun. Then Bilbo asked about the sounds off in the distance.  I made a joke about the Orcs but Thorin didn't find it all that funny. He reprimanded me and then Balin went on the tell the story of the battle. I've here's the story so many times now. Although she was interested.

When the story ended we decided to sleep. Well, those of us who didn't have night watch. All I remember is her curled up form wrapped in blankets by the fire. It was adorable. I watched in silent sad she was put to sleep by the crackling  of the fire and the chatter of the company. 

The ride the next morning was long and rain came down on all of us. I couldn't stop thinking about what I had seen that day. First of all who was her brother? Second of all why was she afraid to show people? Her voice was amazing. It was soothing and made me relax, but at the same time I wanted to get up and dance (even if I didn't know the song at all). It kinda sounded like a really intense lullaby but I still loved it. I so badly wanted to tell my brother all about it but I was afraid of what she would say if she found out. So I just kept my mouth shut.

Finally we found the small remanning of a farm and settled down there. It was the funniest thing because her hair (the only her) was still wet from the rain a while back. The tips were darker than the rest and she had taken out the bun and let it fall down her back. When she moved her arms the water at the end would cause it to stick to her and I could tell it frustrated her deeply. It was almost like she hadn't ever had long hair before. Altho she was truly beautiful, I won't lie.

Of course me and Fili got to watch the horses while everyone else got to sit around the fire. That was how it worked, I even did my best puppy eyes and it didn't work on Uncle. The sun set fast and in no time the moon as well as the stars came out. " Hey are you alright? You haven't been yourself since I came and got you earlier." Fili asks sitting on the ground next to me. " Yeah...I'm ok. I just have a lot on my mind. You know adventure-ish stuff..." I stuttered slightly with my words as I spoke to him. "This is about her isn't it?" He asks ducking his head so he could see my eyes. My head was hung over my form and I sighed. "How do you know me so well?" I laugh lightly not knowing wether I should say something about the magic. " I am your older brother, in other words I have lived with you all my life and have trained myself to know how you feel from just looking at your eyes once." I glare at him and punched his arm lightly.

Just then a loud sound came to the right of me. Instantly me and Fili were up and aware of our surroundings. Some of the ponies were gone and I started freaking out. Just then Bilbo came around the corner with a bowl of what looked like soup in his hand. In the other he held Jamie's hand tightly. She also had a bowl in her hand only he looked more afraid and she looked more annoyed with him. He stands in-between us, looking back and forth at my brother and I. " What's the mater?" he asks looking confused. "We're supposed to be lookin' out for the ponys..." I say not shifting my gaze at all. " Only we've encountered a slight problem; we had sixteen." Fili says turning to look at the hobbit and quite annoyed hybrid behind me. "Now there's...fourteen." We decide that splitting up and scouting the land would be best so that's what we did. "Daisy and Bongle are missing!" My brother states meeting up with Bilbo. " Well that's...not good. That is not good at all." He says nervously laughing to himself as he pulled Jamie along with him. " Shouldn't we tell Thorin?" He asks worriedly," Uh..no. Lets not worry him, as our official burglar we thought you might want to look into it!" Fili says smirking at mr. Boggins. "And you can go too!" He says gesturing toward Jamie. " Well um, it looks like something...big uprooted these trees." He pulls Jamie into the forest," That was our thinking." Fili says as the halfling continues to talk and ramble on.

About a minute later I sat on the ground with Jamie,Bilbo, and Fili next to me as we looked towards the light my brother had spotted. "What is it?" Bilbo whispers to Fili. "Trolls..." I say standing up. Jamie grabbed my hand and stood up next to me. "TROLLS?" She quietly screams at me, and I nod. We run towards the ugly creature's campsite; she had either forgotten to let go of my hand, or simply didn't want to because she held it until we were close enough. Bilbo catches up with the soup still in his hands. She gave him that look like 'really?' but he completely ignored her. "He's got Mertal and Minty!" He says looking at the passing troll." I think they are going to eat them, we haft to do something!"

     The look on his face as we started convincing him to save the ponies was filled with instant regret. Well, not exactly convincing. Before he knew what was happening, him and his daughter were being pushed towards the giant troll campsite.

    The moment we could no longe see them Fili grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards the company. Uncle Thorin was upset that we weren't at our posts, watching the ponies until he noticed that something was wrong.

   "Where is master Baggins?" His eyebrows furrow at us, "And lady Jamie?" I was about to speak when my brother stepped in front of me and explained the situation with one word. "Trolls," He quietly spoke and worry filled his features.

    Within a minute we geared up and were running towards the camp.