Chapter 11 Better this way

*Arabelle POV*

I tried to remember all I had planned to say to him, but I'm filled with spite instead.

"Hi Bell" he says softly.

"Mhm" I acknowledge with a curt nod as I prepared Jinx's coffee.

"How have you been?" He asked.

"Fine" I responded coldly.

"Thats good" he said Awkwardly.

After a long pause, I asked "Why didn't you call me after that night? Are you going to let a mistake like that end our friendship?" I half asked, half accused as I looked up at him.

"Of course not, I just didn't know what to say Bell" the way he says my name makes my heart thump.

"Listen, we were just happy to see each other after so long and got carried away. We confused being happy to see one another with something else." I explained

"Something we've never felt for each other and never will" I said sternly, taking my time on each word.

I looked into those piercing eyes and I can see he registered and accepted my words, but I also see pain and Disappointment? In them.

No Ara, thats just what you want to see. I reminded myself.

"That being said!" I continued.

"We work together, so we will be seeing each other often. I dont want to come to work everyday with us being awkward ok?"

"So lets forget this ever happened. Its better this way, we can both focus on our responsibilities. You on you're students and Me on my job" I concluded.

"So, what do you say big guy? We good?" I asked as I extended a fist to him.

"Right" he responded reluctantly and lightly bumped my fist with his.

"Great! So you have class 1-A as well right? I'm sure you're happy"

Shaking his head, he grabbed my arm and turned me around slowly, so that I faced him. He took a step forward, backing me against the counter and put his hands on the countertop behind me, one on either side and whispered "Listen, Bell. I don't think I can do that" then he froze.

"Wait, what do you mean as well?" He asked abruptly.

"Wha? Oh, Aizawa has class 1-A for home room" I explained. Feeling slightly dizzy from our close proximity.

"Aizawa has 1-A? Are you sure?" He repeated doubtfully.

"Yes?"

"Crap! I need to go check, I'll see you later" he promised as he sprinted out.

What was that about? I wondered.

And more importantly "Listen Bell, I don't think I can do that" I replayed.

Cant do what ? He cant just leave like that! Again! Whats with this guy. I raged